The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Feb 12, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #391 of 2,481
Aluminum should be under the leather, so all they would have to do is not put on the leather and apply a brushed texture to the metal underneath?

But the top and bottom are slightly taller to account for the thickness of the leather, so the leather fits flush with the rest, So if you take the leather off, you're going to have edges, unless you fill it in again with something

Another perk with metal; engraving :)

EDIT: I just noticed the screen sits flush with the leather too, so just a naked X1 would have a protruding screen, and that is very bad. (Almost like protuding cameras on new phones. Clearly designed for cases, don't even get me started on that. *cough* iPhone 6, and rumored S6)

Feb 12, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #392 of 2,481
I'd love to, but I think Jude would probably nuke my account before I could say "We're the best!" if I started talking about competitors' products on the forum :p

Hit me up at george@eboxaudio.com or drop me a line on our Facebook page.

Sorry for spamming this thread, but is there any chance you could blind a/b test it volume matched against another DAP?  Thanks!

Feb 12, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #393 of 2,481
But the top and bottom are slightly taller to account for the thickness of the leather, so the leather fits flush with the rest, So if you take the leather off, you're going to have edges, unless you fill it in again with something

Another perk with metal; engraving
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: I just noticed the screen sits flush with the leather too, so just a naked X1 would have a protruding screen, and that is very bad. (Almost like protuding cameras on new phones. Clearly designed for cases, don't even get me started on that. *cough* iPhone 6, and rumored S6)

It's gonna be a bit more complicated to make an all metal X1 with a thicker aluminum chassis, and I'm guessing it wouldn't look to good either, as there'll be nothing for the metal to contrast to.

Feb 12, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #395 of 2,481
It's gonna be a bit more complicated to make an all metal X1 with a thicker aluminum chassis, and I'm guessing it wouldn't look to good either, as there'll be nothing for the metal to contrast to.

Well hence extra charge

Well its easy to make metal different Colour, anodization, course or fine brushing, different metal alloy, or even go Schiit route, they found painted steel was cheaper then brushed aluminum.

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #396 of 2,481
Distressed leather.
Oxblood distressed leather to be precise.

Burr-wood veneer might look cool.

Rubberised sounds ok.

But I'm pre-emptively vetoing any tweed suggestions, just...NO

Hey!
That's the option that we were missing!  +1 for plaid tweed!

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #400 of 2,481
  Has any decision been made with regard to the type and number of storage expansion Slots? I am looking forward to find out....

Hot-swap 3.5 inch bay + M.2 + 2 2.5 inch SSD mounts.
We're hoping for 2 full size SD card slots, and from the look of things, that's the way it's going right now.

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #401 of 2,481
No promises!!!

I think either one full size or two micro is more likely. It may even be just one micro. All depends on what we can do for cost without impacting the circuitry.
Hot-swap 3.5 inch bay + M.2 + 2 2.5 inch SSD mounts.
We're hoping for 2 full size SD card slots, and from the look of things, that's the way it's going right now.

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #404 of 2,481

Users who are viewing this thread

Back