The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Jan 20, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #361 of 2,481
It's an awesome app! It has the cleanest, best-sounding EQ of any Android app out there (**** PowerAmp...) and I do think the actual SQ is a smidge better than most...but the layout and controls are just a real deal breaker. If they could fix it, I'd be on the phone with them right now ^_^

Quote:

Agreed. I purchased the app for my phone, but it's such a pain in the arse to use that I gave up using it. I think I'd rather use the Shozy Alien's interface 
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #362 of 2,481
Why windows tablet though (rather than android)? Just for foobar? If there was foobar for Android would you prefer that?

I did say 'instead'.

Yeah foobar for Android would be really cool if we had tablets with large storage.

One 7 inch tablet plus a micro iDSD and a micro iCAN = one very affordable and neat high end system.

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #363 of 2,481
BTW guys...I finally got permission for that special something I mentioned earlier...

The ladies at the Audeze booth were *loving* the Explorer + EL-8 combo!

Thanks to Tasvee Uka and Tara Bouillet (respectively) from Audeze for letting me use your photos ^_^ You guys rock!

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #364 of 2,481
  BTW guys...I finally got permission for that special something I mentioned earlier...

Thanks to Tasvee Uka and Tara Bouillet (respectively) from Audeze for letting me use your photos ^_^ You guys rock!

Lol - good stuff! If you redesign it to look like a beer can, then I'm in! Just kidding of course... make it a tea cup please. 
wink.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #365 of 2,481

[snip]

You guys have to redesign the EX1 (calling it this so it doesn't get confused with something else) so that it can actually hold alcohol.
beerchug.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #367 of 2,481
You guys have to redesign the EX1 (calling it this so it doesn't get confused with something else) so that it can actually hold alcohol.
:beerchug:

Better still, put a fuel cell in it and make it run on alcohol. How cool would that be? :cool:

Jan 20, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #368 of 2,481

How about this?

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #370 of 2,481
Jan 23, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #371 of 2,481
Hey guys,

Been spending the morning with the Finder. I'm more of a BA guy myself, usually hooked on my TF10s, but I threw some SM3 biflanges on the finder today and I'm really enjoying DD bass for a change. The Finder is ultra-tight too; no bleed on these babies whatsoever. The quantity is somewhere north of the SM3 but below TF10 status for sure...I think it's going to hit a real sweet spot for people like me who like a "fun" signature that isn't TOO fun :p

BTW, for those who expressed concern about strain reliefs on the housings, check this: there's actually a gap around the cable entry that is lined with really soft rubber. It's a new style of strain relief the guys in R&D have been working on; from what I can see and feel, I think it's going to work really well. Durability is one of our company's top 4 priorities (after sound and before affordability and features), so rest assured, we haven't skimped on anything.

(Forgive iPhone quality, I can't really show this feature as well as I'd like to...PS come to Canjam ^_^)

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #373 of 2,481
  Hey guys,

Been spending the morning with the Finder. I'm more of a BA guy myself, usually hooked on my TF10s, but I threw some SM3 biflanges on the finder today and I'm really enjoying DD bass for a change. The Finder is ultra-tight too; no bleed on these babies whatsoever. The quantity is somewhere north of the SM3 but below TF10 status for sure...I think it's going to hit a real sweet spot for people like me who like a "fun" signature that isn't TOO fun :p

[snip]

That design doesn't look like it'll work with removable cables.  
frown.gif

Oh well, as long as it doesn't crap out on me like most of my other earbuds.
As for the new form of strain relief, we'll see.  Patent that schiit now, before Apple steals your idea and patents it themselves.

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #374 of 2,481
Yeah, I'm not sure whether we'll ever get RCs on this EXACT housing, but we're already working on a new housing for another model, so we may just put this driver in the new housing and do our best to maintain the same internal geometry. But I wouldn't put it past our engineering team to make it happen.

Oh and the design, along with just about every significant variant we could think of, is already patented ^_^

Quote:
  That design doesn't look like it'll work with removable cables.  
frown.gif

Oh well, as long as it doesn't crap out on me like most of my other earbuds.
As for the new form of strain relief, we'll see.  Patent that schiit now, before Apple steals your idea and patents it themselves.

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #375 of 2,481

Yeah, I'm not sure whether we'll ever get RCs on this EXACT housing, but we're already working on a new housing for another model, so we may just put this driver in the new housing and do our best to maintain the same internal geometry. But I wouldn't put it past our engineering team to make it happen.

Oh and the design, along with just about every significant variant we could think of, is already patented ^_^

Are you releasing two models of earbuds or just changing the housing of the Finder X1?

tongue.gif
 How many designs did you come up with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back