The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Sep 16, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #2,281 of 2,481
IT sounds a bit louder and compressed.. There is good news on the horizon however! Echobox finally notified me that they have there is a patched version of USBapp which will fix alot of the issues and the popping etc is due to ALSA sampling issues which makes perfect sense. This is ultimately good news for the Echobox, I think it sounds fine, it's just these music encoding/transport issues that bug me, hopefully it fixes issue with dsd files as well. Interestingly, I read on the USBApp site that the app can play DSD iso files natively?? Is this true?

The "after an album stops playing you then can't play another album" is definitely solved. Some small DSD issues have also been resolved. Note that you cannot play DSD/ISO files natively on the Explorer, they will always be converted to PCM.

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #2,282 of 2,481
Hey everyone! As you may have heard, there is a new version of UAPP available! What you may not have heard is that we also have the long awaited software update available as well for your Explorer. This update will fix the notorious "Y2K Bug" issue where the Time & Date would automatically reset to the 90s upon a restart of your device, and will also add full compatibility and fixes to issues previously experienced when attempting to use various MicroSD cards.

As a bonus, the new update will also enable your Explorer to officially work with up to a 256GB SD card!

You can find the update, and installation files, as well as the new UAPP APK file here at this link:

If you are experiencing any issues with the link, downloading or updating, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us via email at team@eboxaudio.com:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6phnfkwFZN-a3lZTUdwWFBQLTA

Sep 16, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #2,284 of 2,481
Hey everyone! As you may have heard, there is a new version of UAPP available! What you may not have heard is that we also have the long awaited software update available as well for your Explorer. This update will fix the notorious "Y2K Bug" issue where the Time & Date would automatically reset to the 90s upon a restart of your device, and will also add full compatibility and fixes to issues previously experienced when attempting to use various MicroSD cards.

As a bonus, the new update will also enable your Explorer to officially work with up to a 256GB SD card!

You can find the update, and installation files, as well as the new UAPP APK file here at this link:

If you are experiencing any issues with the link, downloading or updating, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us via email at team@eboxaudio.com:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6phnfkwFZN-a3lZTUdwWFBQLTA

That's very cool Makethemusic!
For those of us using offline TIDAL playlists, can we avoid having to download all our content again by removing our SD cards prior to updating our software?

Even if I have to re-download everything, I will update, but I need travelling music for the next week and don't have the time needed to restore everything before I leave.

Can I update without the need to re-download everything?

Sep 16, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #2,285 of 2,481
That's very cool Makethemusic!
For those of us using offline TIDAL playlists, can we avoid having to download all our content again by removing our SD cards prior to updating our software?

Even if I have to re-download everything, I will update, but I need travelling music for the next week and don't have the time needed to restore everything before I leave.

Can I update without the need to re-download everything?

We agree, updates are awesome!

I am honestly not sure about the TIDAL offline saving, but please try and let us know!

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #2,286 of 2,481
As for everything saving on your device during the update, we have honestly had mixed results. Sometimes all music and TIDAL will be saved, and sometimes they will be deleted. We are really not sure of why this happens, but are looking into it!
I would suggest better safe than sorry, just wait to update until you have time to restore your music :)

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #2,287 of 2,481
OK everyone, the "Downloads" page on our website is officially live! Visit this page to check for software updates and download the direct:

https://echoboxaudio.com/pages/downloads

I have the updates installed. It is good to see a clock that has the right time. I am using Tidal at the moment. Seems to be getting a better WiFi connection for now but who knows, it could be the time of day.

I did notice Tidal is again saying the App needs an update. Do you know when the update will be available for the Explorer?

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #2,288 of 2,481
Tidal, as far I know, you can just go get the latest one and side load it. Like I just did... :ksc75smile:
I have the updates installed. It is good to see a clock that has the right time. I am using Tidal at the moment. Seems to be getting a better WiFi connection for now but who knows, it could be the time of day.

I did notice Tidal is again saying the App needs an update. Do you know when the update will be available for the Explorer?

PS: The last step in the instructions say to do a factory reset of data/erase, so in my case, this blasted out the Tidal and UAPP installs I did. So I would wait to do the Tidal and UAPP updates until after the system update.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #2,291 of 2,481

Just added the latest TIDAL version to the new Downloads page as well. Take a look here: https://echoboxaudio.com/pages/downloads

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #2,292 of 2,481
Tidal, as far I know, you can just go get the latest one and side load it. Like I just did... :ksc75smile:

PS: The last step in the instructions say to do a factory reset of data/erase, so in my case, this blasted out the Tidal and UAPP installs I did. So I would wait to do the Tidal and UAPP updates until after the system update.

We have just updated the instructions to be much more clear. Originally they were written by our engineer, and he isn't the greatest wordsmith :wink: It is always best to do a full factory reset after a software update, but if you do not want to lose all of your data, you can get away with just a "simple reset'. Take a look at the new instructions here: https://echoboxaudio.com/pages/downloads

Sep 16, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #2,293 of 2,481
Yep, those instructions look much better. :beerchug:

We have just updated the instructions to be much more clear. Originally they were written by our engineer, and he isn't the greatest wordsmith :wink: It is always best to do a full factory reset after a software update, but if you do not want to lose all of your data, you can get away with just a "simple reset'. Take a look at the new instructions here: https://echoboxaudio.com/pages/downloads

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #2,295 of 2,481
I have a Mac, and I use Android File Transfer to move music from my computer to my Explorer, but I've forgotten what to do once I connect my Explorer to my Mac with the USB cable. Can someone help me?

Also, could I purchase music from a website like HDTracks using the browser of the Explorer and then download the files directly to my Explorer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back