The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
May 21, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #2,476 of 2,481
Anybody out there still using this thing! I’m pissed the website is officially gone. I should have downloaded the firmware while I had a chance just incase!
but anyways I’m wondering if anyone is still able to use tidal? It worked fine for me for a few months but now just gives me some network error BS. I wanna try updating tidal but not sure what version to use and not sure it would work.
tidal won’t help and I doubt drop will! I can’t believe they’ve been selling these even after the company was gone!

May 22, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #2,477 of 2,481
Anybody out there still using this thing! I’m pissed the website is officially gone. I should have downloaded the firmware while I had a chance just incase!
but anyways I’m wondering if anyone is still able to use tidal? It worked fine for me for a few months but now just gives me some network error BS. I wanna try updating tidal but not sure what version to use and not sure it would work.
tidal won’t help and I doubt drop will! I can’t believe they’ve been selling these even after the company was gone!
I still use one as a jukebox in my daughter's room hooked up to some powered monitors. My recommendation would be to move on of you can. There are lots of players that are still supported, better sounding and featured.

Dec 27, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #2,478 of 2,481
I have had this unit for almost 2 years - brought purely as a music player off SD cards and was not interested and have not used streaming
I agree I would be disappointed if I had purchased this for streaming and other music apps but in terms of a stand alone music player I found this to have pretty good sound.
I have over 20 DAP collection including some very high end ones yet I still enjoy the sound profile of this unit
The music app is the same as that used in my AR-m2 and AR-m20 and as long as you don’t push multiple selections fast it does not crash
So with lots being given away due to frustration it could be worth picking one up to enjoy just as a non streaming dap

Dec 27, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #2,479 of 2,481
Yep, I found this too. As a pure player it's as good as my Fiio X5 III but nowhere near on streaming. If there was custom firmware, I'm sure it would help matters.

Dec 27, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #2,480 of 2,481
I found the UAPP installed app to be better than the stock music App.

As a pure player it does well (i am more interested in micro sd cards playback than streaming).

similar in sound to the Opus#3 dap. Share the same dac family

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #2,481 of 2,481
I found the UAPP installed app to be better than the stock music App.

As a pure player it does well (i am more interested in micro sd cards playback than streaming).

similar in sound to the Opus#3 dap. Share the same dac family

The issue being that Drop and Echobox sold it as being the perfect device for streaming. If either was a UK company I'd have been coming over all Sale Of Goods Act on them as it's not fit for the purpose for which it was sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back