The Official Borderlands 2 Thread
Oct 9, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #47 of 92
Bump.

The Mechromancer, originally scheduled for release on October 16, has been surprise announced to come out... TODAY!!!

Source: https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/255540164959559682

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #49 of 92
Definitely cool, but it's a shame I didn't preorder the game. There's no way I'm dropping $10 on a single character.

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #50 of 92
Some Mechromancer videos out already:

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #51 of 92
Yeah, I didn't pre order the game as well since it was a free add on for my gpu, so I don't intend to purchase this dlc. 

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #52 of 92
You guys are really missing out. Gaige feels super-powerful and her skills have you make conscious decisions about how you play. Deathtrap is definitely one of the best action skills yet and he has no collision so he can't get in your way like a lot of people were worrying about.

If it weren't for the mystery over Zer0's character, Gaige would easily be my favorite or hell, I'll say she ties with Zer0 for me. She is definitely more fun to play as in the sense that the BL2 vault hunters are the 2.0's of the originals, and Gaige comes cut from an entirely new cloth.

In any case, there will definitely be sales especially on Steam, and bundle discounts in the future for everyone else. I would happily pay $10 for her had I not already preordered the game.

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #53 of 92
Had so much fun for the first one. I will pick up one of this when price goes down a bit, hopefully black friday.

Oct 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #54 of 92
Loved the first. I am very disappointed with the 2nd
frown.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #56 of 92
Quote:
Curious as to why you feel that way. The the general consensus is that the second is an improvement over the first in every way.

I feel as if the 2nd game is an actual game. The 1st was just an extremely fun game not focused on much difficulty. With the 2nd its much more challenging to where its very unfair. Like those shooting robots.. There so unfair and so frustrating. And when there are them theres usually close to 20 
angry_face.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #57 of 92
Quote:
I feel as if the 2nd game is an actual game. The 1st was just an extremely fun game not focused on much difficulty. With the 2nd its much more challenging to where its very unfair. Like those shooting robots.. There so unfair and so frustrating. And when there are them theres usually close to 20 
angry_face.gif

Are you sure you are using corrosive weapons. Shock can be useful too though they are just a bit to booring for me to use. BL 2 surely has more enemies to shoot though not harder. Like it´s more optimized for coop. If I wasn´t playing as commando and having this wonderfully overpowered turret it would get really tedious at times. Quite a few moments when I sighed at yet another spawn wave.

I didn´t like the robots either not because they are that hard but because they are so booring to shoot. Why not more interesting mech warriors to add some human touch at least.

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #58 of 92
Are you sure you are using corrosive weapons. Shock can be useful too though they are just a bit to booring for me to use. BL 2 surely has more enemies to shoot though not harder. Like it´s more optimized for coop. If I wasn´t playing as commando and having this wonderfully overpowered turret it would get really tedious at times. Quite a few moments when I sighed at yet another spawn wave.

I didn´t like the robots either not because they are that hard but because they are so booring to shoot. Why not more interesting mech warriors to add some human touch at least.
yeah. I was talking to my friend and we both agreed the game was optimized for co-op. also, zeros ability SUCKS.

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #59 of 92
Quote:
angry_face.gif

If you think it's unfair, just wait until the second playthrough!

I mostly agree though. I get very annoyed when a game "enhances" it's difficulty by adding more enemies. Borderlands did it to an extent, but it was mostly just in the expansions and in Old Haven.

I also get really annoyed by cover. One, there's not a whole lot of it. Two, your ability to duck behind things is really sucky. At times it seems like you might as well just be standing in the open, because the enemies have this amazing ability to hit that one hair poking above cover. And three, the enemies ability to hide completely in cover, and cower there for stretches of 10-20 seconds gets really old. They also have the ability to stand IN cover, like, in a wall where they can still shoot you, but you can't shoot them. I've even seen a half dozen enemies just file through walls like they weren't even there, just for the sake of rushing me. (That's another cheap tactic the game employs way too often.)

One thing I do like about Borderlands 2 more is that you don't fight skags NEARLY as much. Those bastards were the bane of my sanity.

Oct 11, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #60 of 92
The game was obviously designed to be co-op, so I don't see the problem there.

Cover isn't as plentiful or useful compared to other shooters. However tactics are still very important. Sometimes distance is the most effective form of cover; sniping the first few enemies to draw them out and finish them up close range is often a good way to go.

In BL1, any knucklehead with a Maliwan Hellfire their level could beat the game. BL2 makes you actually make use of all four equip slots and change your load-out depending on the situation. This is especially true in True Vault Hunter Mode.

Side quests are essential if you plan to stay anywhere near appropriate level for story missions; blasting through the story is the easiest way to get under-leveled and under-equipped for missions.

And Zer0's ability, as with any of the (now) five vault hunter's abilities only suck from improper usage.

For me, the campaign (and any other) DLC's are an instant buy, and I will be playing religiously until the next Borderlands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back