The Official Borderlands 2 Thread
Sep 25, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #16 of 92
Rented the game. I can see some fun to be had... but still not my type of game. I am damn hard person to please, lol. Linearity I guess is my thing.

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #17 of 92
noooo
from the looks of it, i wont be able to play borderlands on my integrated graphics laptop
for those who have it on pc, is there a way to play it in windowed mode, with decreased pixel count?
that way worked for me for skyrim

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #18 of 92
Quote:
noooo
from the looks of it, i wont be able to play borderlands on my integrated graphics laptop
for those who have it on pc, is there a way to play it in windowed mode, with decreased pixel count?

There is an option to set the window mode in the main menu under: Main Menu/Options/Video.  I'll have to verify the ability to change the resolution in windowed mode, but with all the other PC-centric options, my guess would be the option is there.

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #20 of 92
Quote:
Rented the game. I can see some fun to be had... but still not my type of game. I am damn hard person to please, lol. Linearity I guess is my thing.

So you mean to say being able to play the main campaign without being forced to side track too much in order to progress? I think BL2 has great balance between main story vs. side missions, opposed to games like Skyrim where if you look in one direction too long who knows how far off track you strayed from your original objective.

I am the opposite of you though; the more open and more options, the better.

Anyway, just about completely done with my first playthrough on Zer0. Not only do I see myself fully leveling all four characters, but I will probably be playing this game until the next Borderlands comes out just for the unlimited Badass Ranks. I played BL1 from it's release up til BL2's release, so I guess what I'm saying is, THANK YOU GEARBOX FOR THE BEST GAME SERIES EVER!

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #21 of 92
Quote:
noooo

Just checked, windowed mode size scales with the resolution you choose on the PC.

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #22 of 92
Quote:
So you mean to say being able to play the main campaign without being forced to side track too much in order to progress? I think BL2 has great balance between main story vs. side missions, opposed to games like Skyrim where if you look in one direction too long who knows how far off track you strayed from your original objective.

I am the opposite of you though; the more open and more options, the better.

Anyway, just about completely done with my first playthrough on Zer0. Not only do I see myself fully leveling all four characters, but I will probably be playing this game until the next Borderlands comes out just for the unlimited Badass Ranks. I played BL1 from it's release up til BL2's release, so I guess what I'm saying is, THANK YOU GEARBOX FOR THE BEST GAME SERIES EVER!

Nah it´s easier to follow what happens in the bethesda action rpgs. As for Borderlands I followed the main story pretty much so far. At chapter 11 or 12 but I wouldn´t say it´s good story wise even though slightly better then Borderlands which didn´t have any story whatsoever. It´s a really stupid game but in a fun way. The core part of it looting, upgrading, shooting trying out new guns etc works though you forget all about it in a millisecond after you stop playing lol. Having it more linear make story telling easier but I sure as heck rather have this then Call of Duty where you can close your eyes pull the trigger and win :D

I run single player only which means that there is tons and tons of pulling the action trigger. You can see it´s optimized for coop and multiplayer but this gun turret is very effective. Almost as good as having a mate beside you :wink:

Oct 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #24 of 92
Not at all. The DLC for borderlands was awful. Borderlands 2 make me more hungry for Fallout 4 though :)

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #25 of 92
Playing level 29 Zer0 and nearing the last couple of zones.  I've enjoyed the hilarious (and slightly dirty) writing so far, especially on all the side missions.  Main story is meh in general, but the humor keeps it interesting.  I've had some difficulty in some areas and boss fights in closed in space as a sniper tree Zer0, but the damage output is insane with the assassin class.  Likely respec'ing Cunning at lvl 31 to try out that tree as well. 

Oct 1, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #26 of 92
Quote:
Anyone excited for the mechromancer/know when it comes out?

Quote:
Not at all. The DLC for borderlands was awful. Borderlands 2 make me more hungry for Fallout 4 though :)

Zombie Island and Moxxi's Underdome could have been better, but Knoxx and Claptrap were amazing. They hadn't really planned for DLC with the first game so they were limited with what they could add by the way the game was made. BL2 has been made with plans for DLC this time, and they have stated that Knoxx will be the bar for the upcoming DLC's.

Oct 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #27 of 92
Quote:

Zombie Island and Moxxi's Underdome could have been better, but Knoxx and Claptrap were amazing. They hadn't really planned for DLC with the first game so they were limited with what they could add by the way the game was made. BL2 has been made with plans for DLC this time, and they have stated that Knoxx will be the bar for the upcoming DLC's.

just awesome xD.  currently playing lvl 14 zero for the amazing damage for sniping, but will make the mechro asap.

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #28 of 92

Agree. Knoxx was nearly as long as the main campaign, all things considered one of the best DLCs that I've ever purchased. Spent many hours on the 'farmory.

I would have liked to see a bit more polish on the game though. Last boss was glitched on my first attempt, had to suicide/replay the level to complete. For me the audio is also somewhat unbalanced with the Astro mixamp... side audio seems too loud, especially with dialogue/enemy distances also seem off.

Scaling of enemies makes the game more challenging than BL1 (at least on play through 1, and loot seems pretty well distributed in terms of rarity. The script/easter-eggs in the game are VERY well done. I really love how Gearbox doesn't take anything too serious in the series. I would have liked to see additional weapons/manufacturers but all in all minor gripes. I believe the character balance is also a tad bit better implemented.

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #29 of 92
Looks like this thread isn't getting a whole lot of love, so I'll post some neat things I've found.

This is my absolute pride and joy:

Not the most accurate gun, but it's power and magazine size more than make up for that. Not to mention it's nice that it doesn't take two ammo for every shot, like most elemental revolvers. (Oh, and it's a revolver, not a crappy repeater!)

There's also this, the most powerful rocket launcher I've found:

I have to be very, very careful when using this, since the splash is so great, it can (and has, on countless occasions) kill me in a single hit. The rockets also travel very, very slow, so if an enemy jumps in my way before the rocket meets it's intended destination, it can kill me!

Anyone else get any interesting loot?

Oct 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #30 of 92
Posted via Gearbox Software's Twitter:

SHiFT Codes for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2 [Active 6PM-9PM CT on 10/5]:

PC: WBK3T-TSH6Z-633B3-BT3TT-Z6SR5

PlayStation 3: C3CBJ-CW5HJ-6S3WJ-9B53T-5RX6C

Xbox 360: C3CBJ-CW5CR-3R6TR-5F33T-5RXZX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back