The Official BioShock Infinite Thread
Sep 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Riku540

1000+ Head-Fier
I've always heard of and been interested in the BioShock series, and have owned both 1 and 2 for several months now, but never got around to actually playing them until I saw footage of Infinite. Weather you're an original fan of BioShock or new to the series entirely, this game just looks so incredibly freakin' amazing!

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #3 of 6
I loved the first. Not as much as I loved System Shock 2 but I was impressed how they could overcome nostalgia like that. However System Shock 2 is still an amazing game.
I just loved the design even though the tech engine did show a bit of age. Bioshock 2 not quite as good but again better then expected.

As for Infinite I wonder if I may not miss the underwater theme but the guys behind is not used to release bad games.

Thief, Thief 2, Tribes Vengeance, System Shock, System Shock 2 etc quite some heritage from former looking glass employees :)

Sep 16, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #4 of 6
Rapture was a cool place for sure, but like the developers said, it was mostly art and they were never able to really have it come into play as to what it's like to fight at the bottom of the ocean in a meaningful way. With Columbia, this is not the case, long ranged combat is now viable and, and the skylines really add a new dynamic to aerial combat.

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #5 of 6
I think they succeeded quite well with what I believe they opted for. Vita chambers was perhaps a misstake though.

Will see about Inifinite but I suspect you can say it´s all about the skylines and arts as well if you would like :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back