The Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread
Aug 11, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #78 of 150

The Out of Your Head Software really was amazing. I can't wait to try it out with all my gear. I'll post impressions as soon as I play around with the software.

Darren Fong's Software

This was actually one of the neatest things at the meet. Instrument separation and placement was so awesome, and good surround sound from headphones is now possible thanks to Darren. "Crossfeed" just had it's ass handed to it by Mr. Fong. He's also a pretty nice and knowledgeable guy!

Darin Fong Audio
Out of Your Head Software - simply amazing, as the soundstage is very, very separated, wide, and VERY 3D like.  I can't wait until they release it for the App Store (iPhone).  I'll be replacing my Neutron App with the iPhone version of the Out of Your Head Software once it releases (the representative said they were working on it).

My impressions were minimal since I was trying to be diligent in my assignment of volunteering, but the things that I did see and hear made me think I might have retired too early ( need a better cash flow so I can afford more of these "goodies" for my hobby addiction).. but I must single out one product that just blew me away ( and had me reaching for my credit card within a minute of the demo starting) and that was the "Out of your Head" software.. Darin Fong has a real winner on his hands and I would encourage anyone who has the requirements at home to give this a try..( by that I mean a Windows PC , some music , a software player and a pair of headphones).  All I can say is WOW.. and the smile on my face continues as I am writing this.. can't wait to install it and sit back to be amazed..(after all , this is a wonderful hobby where we all get the satisfaction of playing our favorites without bothering anyone else around us)

Huge thank you to Warren and Ethan and everyone else who helped put together this meet.

And thanks to everyone who came by my table. I really appreciate all the impressions from all of you that posted in this thread!

I did take a few photos, but most were only in my room since I was stuck there most of the day. The curse of being a vendor is that there is all this gear I want to hear that's right there, but I can't.

My friend Alex and a couple people told me I should check out the the SUBPAC seat tactile transducer. Brian gave me a great demo. I think it would be a perfect complement to Out Of Your Head especially for watching movies. That sub-bass information makes a huge difference when watching an action movie.

Anyway, it was great meeting you all!

I was glad I had a chance to hang out with everyone at Warren's birthday dinner. 

Here's a few photos, most of it being just my table and gear...

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #79 of 150
Is Jude getting ear molds for the K10?

Brannan said it is a secret. Hopefully it will be something to the effect of a prototype (K10-like sound with increased bass).

Aug 11, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #80 of 150
Brennan said it is a secret. Hopefully it will be something to the effect of a prototype (K10-like sound with increased bass).

ph34r.gif

Aug 11, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #81 of 150
Aug 11, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #83 of 150
Brennan said it is a secret. Hopefully it will be something to the effect of a prototype (K10-like sound with increased bass).

Nah, I heard the Noble is coming out with a line of custom hearing aids... 
biggrin.gif
  They will make all your headphones sound better!

Aug 11, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #87 of 150

If I hit the nail on the head, please send one my way, as I would make sure to give them a full review with lots of gorgeous photos. 
etysmile.gif

Aug 11, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #88 of 150
  Nah, I heard the Noble is coming out with a line of custom hearing aids... 
biggrin.gif
  They will make all your headphones sound better!

Then the line must be a very nice set of custom hearing aids... 
cool.gif

Aug 11, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #90 of 150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back