The Nose Tweak
May 28, 2004 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
OK, I just thought this was amusing and might actually help someone..
biggrin.gif
I was sat listening to my rig today and something felt wrong....I couldn't quite put my finger on it but that "veil" that folks love to talk about appeared to be sliding down over the music..
frown.gif

I'd also been feeling a little stuffy of late as if i was developing a cold, so I pinched my nose and forced pressure through my ears, the way you do to help against cabin pressure when decending during a flight. Low and behold, a little crackle in my ears was heard and suddenly the veil lifted and the music sounded great again...
biggrin.gif
Guess it's time for an ear rinse...
wink.gif

May 28, 2004 at 2:18 PM Post #2 of 5
yeah, I know that.
It's horrible when you sit in a class and you try to rest and you do 'the nose tweak' and suddenly the teachers voice get amplified
frown.gif

May 28, 2004 at 3:18 PM Post #3 of 5
Then you do the reverse nose tweak, where you hold your nose and close your mouth and try to inhale (think negative pressure). Makes the lecture quieter so you can sleep.
redface.gif

May 28, 2004 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiingemt
Then you do the reverse nose tweak, where you hold your nose and close your mouth and try to inhale (think negative pressure). Makes the lecture quieter so you can sleep.
redface.gif

LOL! That sounds more like suicide, though I've had those thoughts in lectures when I was younger...
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2004 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 5
this happed on long trips on the train. as the train slowly goes up or down a slope, the music gets softer and softer, the you swallow and bam! crystal clear again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back