The Nine Inch Nails discussion thread
Apr 3, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #46 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by holdendebeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had to stop by one of the NIN threads. I was listening to "Disclipline" this morning from The Slip. Streaming 24/96 > Squeezebox > Darkvoice 337 > JVC HP-DX 1000, not extremely loud mind you, but I swear the bass drum beat made my ass buzz.
beyersmile.png

You gotta love 'em.

I agree, that bass drum moves some serious air. Have you checked out the "new" song (well, this version of the song is new anyway) Non-Entity from the NIN/JA 2009 sampler? It's available in lossless for free over at nin.com [the official nine inch nails website].
That bass drum is just _insane_. The drum sound overall is one of the best drum sounds I've heard. And oh yeah, it's Dave Grohl behind the kit.
icon14.gif

Apr 4, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #47 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by wovenhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And oh yeah, it's Dave Grohl behind the kit.
icon14.gif

Awesome. Have only listened to the mp3 versions, will have to get the flac ones too now.

Apr 4, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #48 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by rederanged /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You do realize that those JVCs are supposed to go on your head, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, I'll try that. Butt seriously that bass goes so low it's unbelievable.

Quote:

I agree, that bass drum moves some serious air. Have you checked out the "new" song (well, this version of the song is new anyway) Non-Entity from the NIN/JA 2009 sampler? It's available in lossless for free over at nin.com [the official nine inch nails website].
That bass drum is just _insane_. The drum sound overall is one of the best drum sounds I've heard. And oh yeah, it's Dave Grohl behind the kit.

Free is a good price. Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely check it out.

Apr 4, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #49 of 49
Like I've mentioned before, I was first disappointed that it wasn't the stripped down piano version of Non-Entity that appeared on the sampler, but now I thoroughly enjoy it. Aaaawesome song and version!

BTW, Grohl is just on Non-Entity as I understand it, not on Not So Pretty Now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back