The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here)
Oct 6, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #3,826 of 5,895
I remember a few years back when I wished I could own a 20D. To think that now 50D or even used 40D is selling dirt cheap, if you are not attached to Nikon lens, you should at least try and see how they feel like on your hands.

Is the viewfinder in 50D bigger than D90?

Oct 10, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #3,827 of 5,895
Do you guys use lens hoods? I always have, but shot without one last weekend, and it was kind of nice. My 24-70 is really intense with the lens hood, and it was just one less thing to worry about. I happened to wind up shooting into teh sun a lot though, so it was a bad day to leave it behind. But I wonder if the hood really makes a difference. Seems like they wouldn't include them if they didn't. Any thoughts?

Oct 10, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #3,828 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by h.rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Lol...

What pics?

These?
biggrin.gif

[pics]

oh man! I so badly want one of those zeiss primes. Do you find yourself able to manually focus alright? I'm trying to decide between the 50mm 1.4 and macro F2. Don't really need any faster than F2 essp. when it's manual focus, and zeiss told me that the macro is sharper from 5.6-2. Though it's almost twice as expensive...

Oct 10, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #3,829 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you guys use lens hoods? I always have, but shot without one last weekend, and it was kind of nice. My 24-70 is really intense with the lens hood, and it was just one less thing to worry about. I happened to wind up shooting into teh sun a lot though, so it was a bad day to leave it behind. But I wonder if the hood really makes a difference. Seems like they wouldn't include them if they didn't. Any thoughts?

Lens coating on modern lenses has really progressed so unless you're shooting in direct sunlight, flare isn't as big of a problem as it used to be. My 30 year old Cimko on the other hand...I'm forced to use my hand as a hood at the slightest hint of sunlight.
frown.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #3,831 of 5,895
Ladies and gents, meet Nikon D3s.

Well, D3s is a bit too big and pricey for me. I just hope that this release indicated that D700(x,s,h) is around the corner...

But speaking of D3s, with still "low" megapixel, this camera will be king of high ISO.

Oct 18, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #3,837 of 5,895
Just bought a Nikon F100, my first nikon. Incredible camera. I had earlier purchased an Canon Rebel XSi, I now regret that. I'd like to sell it and buy a Nikon DSLR. Very impressed with Nikon's customer support, ergonomics and build quality.

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #3,839 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to shoot with F100 but unfortunately the price of F100 is still a bit expensive. And it's hard to get film nowadays.

Not really, but it is expensive to process and scan.

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #3,840 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really, but it is expensive to process and scan.

It's relative, of course. For what you're getting however, I do think that the F100 is an incredible bargain, sans aforementioned film development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back