The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here)
Mar 11, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #3,181 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=xx-small]why am I trying to talk myself into buying one
confused.gif
[/size]

ummmm... this IS still head-fi isn't it?
wink.gif

That's what were all here for. A support group to help each other jsutify spending large sums of money on our hobbies
evil_smiley.gif

Enjoy your new lens
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #3,183 of 5,895
55-200VR is my favorite cheap zoom lens. Sharp, good consistent performance, good color, and no chromatic abberation.

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #3,184 of 5,895
Anyone use an ExpoDisc? They sound pretty nice and I'm thinking of picking one up, the only thing I have reservations about is how to use it in mixed lighting, since from what I gather they require pointing it at a light source to set the white balance.

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #3,185 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone use an ExpoDisc? They sound pretty nice and I'm thinking of picking one up, the only thing I have reservations about is how to use it in mixed lighting, since from what I gather they require pointing it at a light source to set the white balance.

You can just white balance using your white undies and saves you some money.

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #3,188 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can just white balance using your white undies and saves you some money.

Thanks for the tip, I tried it out but I keep getting a warmer patch straight down the middle of my pics..

all kidding aside this isn't useful to me because I go commando.
ph34r.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #3,189 of 5,895
Has anyone got Photoshop CS2 and use it with their Nikon Camera? Im having major problems trying to open my D40x's NEF files and its starting to bug me!

I have tried updating the Camera RAW plug in but it won't seem to work. It is currently version 3.0 and im trying to update to 3.7

I have downloaded 3.7 and copied the .8bi to Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug Ins/File Format

Also ended up downloading something for CS4 but i know that won't work.

Ok, strange turn of events, everything in my Library/Application Support/Adobe has disappeared....

This is really starting to bug me! I just want to edit my RAW files! Can someone please try to help me out? If i have to start from the beginning then so be it... so long as i get it sorted!

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #3,190 of 5,895
Quote:

Who got the new 35mm here?

I am not planning to get any new lens sometime soon so unfortunately I am out when it comes to trying out new lenses.

I was planning on it but decided to go with the time tested 50 f1.8 instead and I'm glad I did, it's a wonderful little lens.

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #3,191 of 5,895
Quote:

Who got the new 35mm here?

I am not planning to get any new lens sometime soon so unfortunately I am out when it comes to trying out new lenses.

I got the 35mm and liking what I see so far.

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #3,192 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone got Photoshop CS2 and use it with their Nikon Camera? Im having major problems trying to open my D40x's NEF files and its starting to bug me!

I have tried updating the Camera RAW plug in but it won't seem to work. It is currently version 3.0 and im trying to update to 3.7

I have downloaded 3.7 and copied the .8bi to Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug Ins/File Format

Also ended up downloading something for CS4 but i know that won't work.

Ok, strange turn of events, everything in my Library/Application Support/Adobe has disappeared....

This is really starting to bug me! I just want to edit my RAW files! Can someone please try to help me out? If i have to start from the beginning then so be it... so long as i get it sorted!

It would seem a shutdown/restart prompted everything back into its right place and now the Camera Raw 3.7 shows up, but I still can't open the NEF files... this is all getting very frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this?

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #3,193 of 5,895
I messed with the 35/1.8 AF-S in the store a bit. The 35/2 AF-D focus faster, focuses closer, and has less chromatic aberration. Since I have the older lens, there's no need to go with the newer I think.

Mar 24, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #3,194 of 5,895
I'm sticking with my Sigma 30 1.4... faster, sharp wide open, focuses fast and accurate, and no problems with CA.

Mar 25, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #3,195 of 5,895
Hey guys. I'm browsing at camera's, and have been eyeballing the nikon d40. Is it really worth the extra bucks than those megazoom camera's or whatever?(the ones that are sort of in purgatory between point and shoot and DSLR's). Does the d40 have liveview at all in the lcd? And would I need anything else besides the stock equipment if i would just be taking pictures of people and maybe things for ebay? Speaking of which, i'm liking the prices of used d40's on ebay. Basically the same price as a point and shoot camera at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back