The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here)
Oct 12, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #2,521 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense man, but I really don't get the humor in these intentionally subpar pictures.

2x.
It almost looks like dj_mocok is taking a shot at Nikon.
Not a nice thing to do in the nikon thread...

Oct 12, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #2,523 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's so subpar in the picture?

what in the picture isn't subpar?
seriously

Oct 12, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #2,525 of 5,895
Geez, I didn't know I have to post only nice pictures around here! Out of focus is my forte, man.
biggrin.gif

Okay how about this one? I found this guy floating around near the surface of the water yesterday next to the opera house. I'm not sure what fish this was, but I have to say it's one ugly fish. It didn't move much if not at all and just floated there. Didn't look dead but didn't look so alive either... It's actually quite large, I think at least 40cm long.

DSC_6970.jpg

Oct 12, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #2,528 of 5,895
Slightly out of focus can be good in portraits ("soft focus"), but for most shots it's detrimental. The shot you posted is an example of that. In fact, I'm baffled as to how the heck you pulled it off since the 85 f/1.4 is incredibly sharp - even wide open it's a LOT sharper than that picture.

Oct 12, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #2,530 of 5,895
Quote:

Get the nikon and you'll make a better investment. Nikons hold their value better than 3'rd party lenses, and for good reason.

While I agree with you on zoom lenses, this is not the case with macros. 3rd party macros are every bit as good as Nikons at a cheaper price. They have to be. I don't care how much my Tamron 90mm is worth compared to a Nikon, there is no need to sell it. I don't buy lenses as investments, I buy them to take pictures.

Oct 12, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #2,532 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3rd party macros are every bit as good as Nikons at a cheaper price. They have to be. I don't care how much my Tamron 90mm is worth compared to a Nikon, there is no need to sell it. I don't buy lenses as investments, I buy them to take pictures.

What ever helps you sleep at night.

Oct 12, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #2,533 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get the nikon and you'll make a better investment. Nikons hold their value better than 3'rd party lenses, and for good reason.

If you are going to actually use your lens, resale value is totally moot. Resale is only important to "collectors" who churn their equipment to keep up with the latest and greatest. If you're more interested in just shooting great pictures, the better advice is to buy the tool that works for you and don't spend more than you have to.

See ya
Steve

Oct 12, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #2,534 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense man, but I really don't get the humor in these intentionally subpar pictures.

He's just starting out. Give him a break.

See ya
Steve

Oct 12, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #2,535 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found this guy floating around near the surface of the water yesterday next to the opera house. I'm not sure what fish this was, but I have to say it's one ugly fish.

Wow! He looks like an ex prize fighter with that smashed up nose! That may be the missing link between fish and birds!

See ya
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back