The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here)
Oct 20, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #2,611 of 5,895
Hey I got reptile picture too!

Took this one on the weekend. He's not afraid of me at all.

lizard-1.jpg

Oct 20, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #2,613 of 5,895
He did nail the exposure of the following pebbles. You can almost make out the subtle colour gradients and delicate freckling.

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #2,614 of 5,895
It's DJ's thread. He can post whatever he wants :p

He did get the lizard to pose at least. I suspect he tried to get him to move left to be in the sunlight, but the language barrier probably made that difficult
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #2,615 of 5,895
Nail what exposure? All I did was pressing a button and the camera did the decision for me. Sometime I even let the camera do the composing.
biggrin.gif

How about picture of fish? (carp)
Took it on the same day too.

fish.jpg

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #2,616 of 5,895
How about we get back to keeping this thread on topic? With that in mind, photos posted in this thread should have a direct association with discussing Nikon equipment.....not just thrown out to antagonize people. Let's not ruin an otherwise informative thread with petty arguing.

Oct 22, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #2,617 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about we get back to keeping this thread on topic? With that in mind, photos posted in this thread should have a direct association with discussing Nikon equipment.....not just thrown out to antagonize people. Let's not ruin an otherwise informative thread with petty arguing.

Crap, I was going to post a fat tree picture. It's very interesting.
By the way, who is using M42 lenses with their Nikon camera here? I suspect none? I am tempted to try but not really sure...

Oct 23, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #2,618 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wha?....You mean you don't live the angsty DPReview vibe that has overcome the thread?
popcorn.gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #2,619 of 5,895
Went to PhotoPlus expo. I already knew I'd love them but I had to check out the Mamiya ML28 (645AFD3 + Aptus-II 6 back) and some PhaseOnes and fall in love again.
jecklinsmile.gif

I also tried the Sigma 50 1.4 on a D3. That lens is actually smaller than I imagined. I ended up getting the Nikon 35mm f2. Let me assemble my Halloween rig now.

Oct 24, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #2,620 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also tried the Sigma 50 1.4 on a D3. That lens is actually smaller than I imagined. I ended up getting the Nikon 35mm f2. Let me assemble my Halloween rig now.

We need pictures taken with your new 35mm f/2. Do you have pictures of NewYork street hot dog stand taken with your new rig? This thread is not complete without hot dog stand pictures.

Oct 24, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #2,621 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We need pictures taken with your new 35mm f/2. Do you have pictures of NewYork street hot dog stand taken with your new rig? This thread is not complete without hot dog stand pictures.

No time to go out to mess with it now. I have to prepare for Halloween.
tongue.gif
I'll be handing out some business cards to a new website which I am still working on.
eek.gif

Oct 26, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #2,623 of 5,895
Do you prefer ketchup or mustard?
biggrin.gif

I think I'm happy with my copy of this 35mm f/2.0D from comparing photos from flickr and pbase. It can obtain some nice colors and contrast even at ISO3200.
smily_headphones1.gif
It's important to me it's good at f2 otherwise, I'd just most likely use my Tamron 17-50 2.8 since it's more convenient. I'll have to compare to that len eventually though.

I'll be doing some Halloween stuff tomorrow Sunday. Should be fun. It'll be a pretest of my lowlight rig. I'll be using a flash with gel and mini softbox balanced with ambient.

Oct 26, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #2,624 of 5,895
Here is a picture I took with my D200 last night at Canter's Deli in Hollywood using my Sigma 30mm 1.4. This is wide open at a 30th, ISO 900.

That's jazz guitarist, Skip Heller.

See ya
Steve

Oct 26, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #2,625 of 5,895
Nice shot. I like how the couple is in the background.

Nothing beats a fast lens for indoor shots. I bet it's nice to have that extra stop.
smily_headphones1.gif
I think I can manage with f/2.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back