The nightmare of trading-in
Dec 20, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #16 of 28
I still opened a Research case at DHL, but this will take weeks or months.

What I didn't like about Hifiman, that they never told me what will happen if the Arya will never appear. I asked that often.
Unfortunately, it takes as long as it takes. Its an expensive item so they are going to research it before cutting you a check.

Its pretty obvious that they're indicating its your problem to deal with. Hifiman is not going to accept responsibility for your choice in carrier or method of delivery.

If you were in Hifiman's position, and you didn't receive the package, what would you tell the customer?

Dec 20, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #17 of 28
If a company, would not like to take the risk, than the company should not offer such a deal and should not charge you upfront for the HE1kV2Stealth.

I would also be fine if Hifiman would clearly state upfront of the deal, shipment of an item to us is at your own risk, we will not take any responisbility for any loss during transport to us.
Than everybody can decide for them self, wether to take this risk or not.

Edit: Sorry for my bad English, need to think about my first sentence. :) done

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #18 of 28
Communication is a critical part of any customer service, and if HiFiMAN isn't doing that, they're definitely falling short of where their standards should be.

Dec 20, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #19 of 28
Safest option for such a trade-in deal would be Hifiman organizes a pick-up from the customer. So shipment would be in control of Hifiman and the customer do not need to worry about this part of the deal.

Dec 20, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #21 of 28
If it doesn't work out, get all your money back, from all of them.
Between you, a company, and a delivery service, it's everyone for themselves when something goes wrong, unfortunately.
Anyway. The other two should be more dependent on your goodwill than you on theirs. In theory, at least.
In practice... it's easy for you to be written off as another number. So you gotta remind them.

Dec 20, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #22 of 28
What I learned: All are human beings and mistakes can happen, but how to solve and how comminication can help is good or bad customer service.

In the future I will always ask for a label and will never buy it by myself. Even if I have to pay for it.

I really hope I got back at least money for the Arya and Hifiman will cancel my order and handover my $850.

I think there is not more to hope for.

And I always cry reading new posts from @BowWazoo here

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #23 of 28
@Reputator it's more of a legal point in the EU than a cultural one (ofc one is downstream of the other). Nevertheless, it's always interesting to see a company handling issues with customers

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #24 of 28
Was it insured with signature required or no such option was available from the Carrier?
I've been in situation when UPS lost expensive package, they picked it up from the store but never scanned into the system, took a while to get things sorted out, best of luck to you.

Dec 21, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #27 of 28
Last post on this:

My question:
Maybe I would take the Upgrade. Would it be possible to wait until it is in Stock in Poland or can you Ship it in the new year?

Hifimans answer:
Please kindly note it will be in our Poland warehouse two weeks later if there is no delay. We will arrange the shipment at the time then, is that fine for you?

So I avoid perfectly customs and taxes and 2 or 3 weeks more to wait doesn't matter right now.

Apr 9, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #28 of 28
Hey all,

I've a sad story to share with you. Here is a short history of my audiophile way, if you are interested.

But it is time to say goodbye to @TeamHiFiMAN. But what happened?

There were the great offer of HE1000 V2 open boxed for $1.900 and I ask if it would be possible to trade-in my Arya against that one. They say yes: for additional $700. After some nights of thinking I pulled the trigger. Only 1 or 2 days later I recognize that there is another great offer: HE1000 V2 Stealth.... Whooot? Another HEKSE? I asked again if I can get the new one instead of the V2 open box. Answer: Yes, for $146 more. That was a no-brainer and I was so excited to get these headphones.
Next step: Please send your Arya to our Poland-warehouse Hifiman was telling me, on MY charges. So I decided to buy a label with additional insurance (hopefully that will rescue me). So I send the Arya 2 weeks ago and it was received by them on 8th of December. On followed Tuesday I asked if they got my Arya. "No, not yet"

And still today nothing was received in Poland and Hifiman is not willing to send me the HEK anyway. They try to find the package, but hadn't any success yet. I opend a research case on DHL, and hope for the best.

Because Hifiman will wait until the case is closed to do anything for me, I asked today to cancel my order and ordered a Meze 109 pro in new condition.

Thats it Hifiman. Sorry, but I'm done with you. I really really want to have the HEK2VS, but you destroyed my anticipation.

Quarzer
Not clear from this HFM is to blame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back