The next step from Triple Fi. 10? (under $400)
Apr 30, 2014 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Hapster

1000+ Head-Fier
Posting this here because I had it in the wrong area:

Hello everyone, I'm actually having a struggle right now (yes, it's very real) of what IEM to get. I've had my Ultimate Ears Triple Fi. 10 for years, and everyone has their reasons for upgrading, mine is somewhat that they don't really fit all that well, they're very large and fairly unattractive, I like the sound, but obviously there's better out there, and I've decided it's time to move on (or up).

So my question here, is without getting into custom IEMs are there any real upgrades to the TF10s that are around $300 (up to $400 if it's really necessary)

I've got a couple of restrictions and thoughts though;
-Must have a replaceable cable, I just can't seem to get a pair of IEMs that the cable will last more than a year or so.
-I DO NOT care about the sound signature, I EQ them straight out ipod and via dac, that being said, I mostly listen to trance, progressive house, ambient...
-I don't really like wearing them over the ear I normally wear them straight down, but I suppose if it's a really good fit, I'd be willing to.

Top recommendations so far:

T-Peos H-300 ($275)
JVC AH-FX850 ($370)

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 4
Don't get the UE900's, they're a step back from the TF10 -- really recessed mids. Pre-Logitech UE was much better than Post-Logitech UE. Sigh.

I've read enough about the UE 900 to know there's a pretty general consensus they're 100% not worth it. Tf10 are cheaper and just as, if not better.

May 1, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 4
I've read enough about the UE 900 to know there's a pretty general consensus they're 100% not worth it. Tf10 are cheaper and just as, if not better.

I can say, honestly, the UE900 do not have recessed mids. Slightly overwhelmed by treble and bass, probably, but not recessed. I don't know why this always happens, but the UE900 is definitely better than the TF10, the sound is more refined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back