The NEXT Head-Fi LOGO!
Feb 5, 2004 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Welly Wu

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, eventually the weather will warm up. Which begets the question: what should be the next Head-Fi logo? In other words, keep the traditional Head-Fi logo but what picture do you want put next to it? I'm thinking about that Jessica cartoon from the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit? with a pair of, well, big ones...(headphones)...
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 5, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 40
I think changing the logo by the weather is a bad idea, after all, some of head-fi's membership is from the southern hemisphere, where it is currently summer.

Perhaps we could make this work if the logo looked up your location from you profile, and loaded the appropriate graphic. For instance, I would always get the summer icon, since there is no winter in Southern California
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2004 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Dreamer
But then wouldn't we have to do something for every quasi-pointless overcommercialized holiday?

Let me guess, but you're not bitter, right?
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2004 at 11:32 PM Post #9 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer
Let me guess, but you're not bitter, right?
tongue.gif

Actually, I'm not bitter, I just find most holidays to be annoying (save the days off work/school). I just don't like all the social obligations and baggage that go with them. Generally I feel there are better ways to celebrate the things society attempts to celebrate with holidays. Also holidays seem like figments of outdated culture to me.

Feb 5, 2004 at 11:49 PM Post #11 of 40
I was getting at stuff like celebrations of particular seasons and other celebrations which have become increasingly meaningless in our modern society. I like the basic point behind holidays like Thanksgivng and Valentine's, but feel they have become largely misinterperted, at least in my lifetime.

Feb 6, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #13 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Dreamer
I was getting at stuff like celebrations of particular seasons and other celebrations which have become increasingly meaningless in our modern society. I like the basic point behind holidays like Thanksgivng and Valentine's, but feel they have become largely misinterperted, at least in my lifetime.

At least those are totally hallmark invented holidays. But anyways, back to the thread. Going with the weather theme, could stick a big ole sun with headphones on up there.

To be more original I'd like to see a head-fi lego man with lego headphones (except not legos but generic colored blocks).

Feb 6, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #14 of 40
Yeah, we could use a new Head-Fi logo. I have no photoshopping skills, but I'd love to see others' work.

Feb 6, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by MD1032
Yeah, we could use a new Head-Fi logo. I have no photoshopping skills, but I'd love to see others' work.

Heh...how about a Head-Fi logo contest? Create your own and then post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back