The new Westone UM2 cases are here!
Aug 18, 2005 at 12:37 AM Post #16 of 29
The Pelican case rules. We had a house fire a few months ago. Myself, my wife and our children sought refuge in the Pelican case. All survived. And we were nice and dry!

Nick B

Aug 18, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #17 of 29
I love the look of the new UM2 case; the price is unreal (this one's only $5, but Shure charges $15), and there's room for a bunch of earpieces. Getting this is a no-brainer, IMO.

If you have clear cables, I stand by my recommendation of tucking your UM2 to bed in your Pelican case when you come home. Your middle ear has lots of moisture that soaks into and on your earpieces. It could diffuse, causing light cable greenage.

Black cable owners needn't worry about anything, lucky bums.

Aug 18, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT
You are missing my point. The UM2 as of right now comes with the pelican case. The pelican case will only be part of the more expensive models starting Sept. You can buy the pelican case with dessicant, etc for $25. The UM2 pouch only is going to cost $5. Do the math. The pelican case is nice if you are using them on the road as IEMs.

Do you mean Westone ganna come out a UM3 in Sep and it will come with the pelican case?? or you mean those custom IEMs?

Aug 18, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick B
The Pelican case rules. We had a house fire a few months ago. Myself, my wife and our children sought refuge in the Pelican case. All survived. And we were nice and dry!

Nick B

LOL.

Aug 18, 2005 at 5:42 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick B

Nick B

wow, I did not know you were a mouse and you have little mice.

Aug 18, 2005 at 11:06 AM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23
Yeah I'm using the Westone UM56. It replaces the standard foamie and gives me a custom fit in my canal. It's much more secure and comfortable in my opinion. You can also get them in custom colors, so you can have a little fun with them as well. You'll need to go to an audiologist for impressions.

Check'em out: http://www.westone.com/music/universal.html#um56

What kind of difference in sound do you get useing the UM56 custom molds with the UM2's?

Aug 18, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

What kind of difference in sound do you get useing the UM56 custom molds with the UM2's?

The sound is a little richer (for me personally) It also is a much more secure and comfortable fit. I use them when mtn biking so I needed something more secure. Honestly it came down to comfort. If I am going to ride for several hours, I want something that is secure and comfortable and I do not need to reseat every 30 min from bouncing around on a single track.

Aug 18, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

The sound is a little richer (for me personally) It also is a much more secure and comfortable fit. I use them when mtn biking so I needed something more secure. Honestly it came down to comfort. If I am going to ride for several hours, I want something that is secure and comfortable and I do not need to reseat every 30 min from bouncing around on a single track.

Have you considered the Elite Series? I was faced with the same choice, UM56 for my UM2 or the step towards the ES2. I choose the last one since I'm certain that I would end up with custom IEM's eventually.

Aug 22, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Thought about it ? Dreamed of it. :) I've got my custom art work figured out and all.

Just need a few extra denaro in the bank first.

"dreamed of it" ?....Don't you work at westone,you should get one for free ?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back