The "new" Westone um1
Aug 30, 2005 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tayano

100+ Head-Fier
Saw this at westone's homepage...
http://www.westone.com/music/pr_082505.html

"Westone Laboratories, Inc. is proud to present the latest update to their Universal Series™ line, the redesigned UM1 True Fit Earphone. With great sound, ergonomic design and comfort as key design features, it is sure to please any user's ears. With its improved, smooth high frequency response, cymbal swells and crashes sound crystal clear. And the new UM1 reflects Westone's belief that ergonomic design is as critically important as sound. The design is not only more attractive, but fits easier and more comfortably in the ear. In addition, the UM1 True Fit includes the new Universal Monitor Case (also available separately) and Comply™ Canal foam eartips. "

I wonder how they sound and how much they will cost.

Aug 30, 2005 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 6
Wow it sure looks much nicer than before. It seems they also tweek the highs on this. Looks like it can compete with Er6i and Shure e2c.

Aug 30, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet
the same as the other um1? like the e3c with tighter bass?

From the ads, it indicates the highs are tweeked, and it should fit better. As a result, should have more bass and clear highs. I will be suprised if the sound is close to e3c. I am expecting it somewhere around er6i and shure e2c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back