The new toy finally arrived - The best Xmas gift ever! - The Edition 9 is home!
Dec 22, 2006 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 190

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
Well the package arrived safe, hopefully will be good enough to keep me busy for a while, otherwise I will need to move under the bridge....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Untitled-13.jpg

Untitled-14.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-10.jpg

Edition 9 in its glass stand, I made it specially for her....Yes it is her, as it is my grilfriend now!!!!

Untitled-12.jpg

Untitled-16.jpg

Untitled-15.jpg

Sound??? Well to be discussed later on as logic indicates it is in an out of the box state now, but my personal initial impressions: this headphone has the deepest bass I have heard ever from a headphone, using my old RP-31 (now discontinued)

I will wait till it settles down and in a few days I will report back, but out of the box the sound is excellent, and nothing seems the urge or a real need to be improved, I know it will change a little bit the sound, but if it does for good, that is simply a monster of a headphone. Another point, the sound is not similar to the 2500, is more intimate, as all closed headphones, I like this one better...

BTW Wayne, no reverberation to speak off, I will give it a little time, and will listen it carefully to see if i can discern any, but honestly I would like that you give them a listen to see if your could hear it, as my rusty old ones do not, honestly...But it is too early for any conclusion...

Dec 23, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #2 of 190
WHOA!!! Happy Christmas Indeed!

That's the sexiest/most stylish headphone stand I've seen, and the hottest-looking Ultrasones as well.

Enjoy them in good health, bud.

Dec 23, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 190
damn those are some choice looking cans. are they the biggest headphone you've ever seen?

Dec 23, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #6 of 190
Great looking headphones.
But I can't stop looking at your headphone stand. That think is just beautiful!

Dec 23, 2006 at 12:21 AM Post #7 of 190
Grrrrr!!! You guys suck!!!! I thought I was done when I purchased the IEMs!!

Those are some hot looking headphones! Now what am I supposed to tell my wife after I order those!!!
frown.gif

Dec 23, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #8 of 190
Same size as the PRolines, no bigger, maybe is an illusion from the picture...
evil_smiley.gif

Peter the stand is not finished yet, i need a pad for the top side, and some rubber rings for the legs....I would like it to be thiner to get a more stylish configuration, but there are some technical limitations of the glass CNC machine that don't let you do in an smaller size, but not bad IMO...

Dec 23, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #10 of 190
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great looking headphones.
But I can't stop looking at your headphone stand. That think is just beautiful!

Thanks, I really appreciate that you like it, it could be better, but it was done at lunch time, as an sneaky side project, using glass scraps, and honestly that was a lot of hassle involved, I wanted it in 3/4" glass, later on 1/2" glass, but it was not possible, the suction was not enough, and the piece moved, so we ended with 3/8" glass, not bad, but not what I had in mind at the beginning, still i need to figure out what to use for the pad at the top...

Dec 23, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #13 of 190
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The $1500 question is, does it dethrone the CD3K?
biggrin.gif

Hard question to answer, as both are different, but I can tell you for sure, if one has to, this will be a good candidate....I will tell you in a few days more, let it settle....I can't stop listen them...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back