11850602.jpg

11850604.jpg

11850605.jpg

11850606.jpg

11850607.jpg

11850608.jpg

11850609.jpg

11830438.jpg

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/featured-home/products/tangzu-wu-zetian?variant=43301859557593

SPECIFICATION:

MODEL: TANGZU ZETIAN WU

IMPEDANCE: 16Ω

SENSITIVITY: 100db

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz – 20KHz

CABLE LENGTH: 1.2M

PIN TYPE: 2-PIN CONNECTOR (0.78mm)

PLUG TYPE: 3.5mm/4.4mm

DRIVER UNIT(S): (1) 14.5mm PLANAR DRIVER

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 57

TANGZU Wu Zetian

HiFi 14.5mm Planar Driver In Ear Earphone

• New 14.5mm Planar Driver
  • 4th Gen of DLP 3D Printing Technology&CNC Aluminum Faceplate
  • Detachable 0.78mm 2Pin 5N OFC Cable
  • Ergonomic Shape, Comfortable Fit

PRODUCT PRICE
$149.00 USD
https://www.linsoul.com/collections/featured-home/products/tangzu-wu-zetian?variant=43301859557593

DSC_0092.jpegnewest one.jpeg
DSC_0093.jpegnew one.jpeg
DSC_0094.jpegfun.jpeg
DSC_0096.jpegnew new.jpeg

Are you kidding me? Seriously this is the best Planar out of the five I have. Top tier, due to the focus of sound, while the HOOK-X is my second favorite, and I love it, the TANGZU ZETIAN WU is more direct and less diffuse. The accessibility far surpasses the TINHIFI P1 Max, and the pure bigness, the staging is way better than the Kinera Celest Gumiho, heck..........it totally kicks the 7Hz x Crinacle Salnotes Dioko in the low-end department.

Moondrop Planar Stellaris arrives today? LETSHUOER S12 PRO in a few more days?

My tier list would look like this.........maybe?

A) WANGZU ZETIAN WU
B) RAPTGO HOOK-X
C) TINHIFI P1 Max
D) 7Hz x Crinacle Salnotes Dioko
D) Kinera Celest Gumiho

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #3 of 57
DSC_0037.jpegqweryety.jpeg
DSC_0032.jpegwqrertey.jpeg
DSC_0040.jpegqwetr.jpeg
DSC_0036.jpeg2313456556.jpeg
DSC_0097.jpegqwwetryuy.jpeg
DSC_0087.jpeghigh rez.jpeg
DSC_0090.jpegqwertwyet.jpeg
DSC_0088.jpegnow.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #4 of 57
Frequency response graph of the Zetian Wu via IEC711 compliant coupler. The 8 kHz area is a coupler artefact peak. Measurements > 10 kHz are not accurate.

Tangzu Audio Zetian Wu.jpg

Of the planars I've tried, the Tangzu Zetian Wu has the best tonal balance and timbral accuracy of them all. Perhaps it doesn't have as good resolution as stuff like the Timeless or S12 Pro, but the Zetian Wu beats them in timbre (most of the planars have a bad planar timbre that makes acoustic instruments sound off). The Zetian Wu also doesn't have as bad treble spikes as some of the other planars, it sounds the most natural of the planars IMHO.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #5 of 57
Thank-you for the graph. I haven’t heard the Timeless or S12 Pro....but I have an S12 Pro on the way. Glad to hear your positivity!
Frequency response graph of the Zetian Wu via IEC711 compliant coupler. The 8 kHz area is a coupler artefact peak. Measurements > 10 kHz are not accurate.

Tangzu Audio Zetian Wu.jpg

Of the planars I've tried, the Tangzu Zetian Wu has the best tonal balance and timbral accuracy of them all. Perhaps it doesn't have as good resolution as stuff like the Timeless or S12 Pro, but the Zetian Wu beats them in timbre (most of the planars have a bad planar timbre that makes acoustic instruments sound off). The Zetian Wu also doesn't have as bad treble spikes as some of the other planars, it sounds the most natural of the planars IMHO.

Oct 7, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #6 of 57
Are you kidding me? Seriously this is the best Planar out of the five I have. Top tier, due to the focus of sound, while the HOOK-X is my second favorite, and I love it, the TANGZU ZETIAN WU is more direct and less diffuse. The accessibility far surpasses the TINHIFI P1 Max, and the pure bigness, the staging is way better than the Kinera Celest Gumiho, heck..........it totally kicks the 7Hz x Crinacle Salnotes Dioko in the low-end department.

A) WANGZU ZETIAN WU
B) RAPTGO HOOK-X
C) TINHIFI P1 Max
D) Kinera Celest Gumiho

Okay, sold to the man with the empty wallet! :L3000: Other reviewers have regarded these pretty highly too, so you two can't take all the blame.

(I've been seriously considering these for a couple of weeks)

Oct 7, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #7 of 57
Okay, sold to the man with the empty wallet! :L3000: Other reviewers have regarded these pretty highly too, so you two can't take all the blame.

Well, there is a lot to like about them. The fact that the 3D printed back part is lightweight, and very different. Meaning when you first have them in your hand they are vary light, scary lightweight! But the weight really helps the comfort. Some wish the back part was more substantial, still I think it has something to do with the sound and resonance? It’s not cheap feeling but different in the hand, though some feel the build is a little cheap feeling? I’m all about the sound really. The faceplate is gorgeous, the cable incredible and it comes with a nice case.

The fit is fantastic and sure enough they really are involving, to say the least. baskingshark told us how they do it! It’s the basics really, they do the basics well. But maybe the accessibility is simply due to how they nail the FR, and timbre? They really are musical, you won’t regret buying them. The bass is great!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #8 of 57
DSC_0037.jpegnewq.jpeg

Morning

Oct 12, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #9 of 57

I’m one step behind you. I just pulled the trigger on a pair of these. Got them for $120.00USD. Price is right and with people saying they sound better than the Hook-X? Had to give them a shot.

Oct 15, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #10 of 57
Moondrop Planar Stellaris arrives today? LETSHUOER S12 PRO in a few more days?

A) WANGZU ZETIAN WU
B) RAPTGO HOOK-X
C) TINHIFI P1 Max
D) Kinera Celest Gumiho

Interested to hear your impressions on how the Zetain Wu compares to the S12. I'm so impressed by the S12, not just by its sound but the overall package. I am more than satisfied with the presentation of the S12, but would be good to know how Wu stacks up as it could make a good gift.

Oct 15, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #11 of 57
Interested to hear your impressions on how the Zetain Wu compares to the S12. I'm so impressed by the S12, not just by its sound but the overall package. I am more than satisfied with the presentation of the S12, but would be good to know how Wu stacks up as it could make a good gift.
Well, I’m putting together a review for the Zetain Wu as we speak. Though I will not have side-by-sides with the S12 Pro. The S12 Pro has just not arrived in time. But the Zetain Wu is (in my humble opinion) the very best choice out there right now for people who don’t want to take a risk. Also I found cables to make a difference too. So there is that.

As I understand it, a few have trouble with the S12 treble. Personally I can deal with the hot treble and don’t have an issue with it, but many are sensitive to it. That’s where the Zetian Wu comes in, it’s maybe a more refined and smoother treble, which in turn makes the product well rounded.

Treble is totally a personal thing. With more peaks offering a level of detail perception. While the Zetian Wu walks that line, almost perfectly, to me. Enhancing the Zetain Wu is simply finding a different cable. Now remember different cables are also a matter of personal hearing, if they are the way to go or not. But the Zetain Wu comes with a super nice copper cable. Unfortunately my test unit didn’t have the 4.4mm optimal plug. So I played with cables. Though the included 3.5mm cable is amazing and feels and sounds great, really it’s something. I still wanted to take advantage of the slightly different sounding 4.4mm output in my DAPs. With that said I used the Hansound Zen OCC 4-wire. Now after a while I wanted a slightly different sound. I ended with the Penon Audio G4 cable in 4.4mm. That was my ultimate match up. Mainly due to the cable’s graphene infusion. Such an add helps with added soundstage and instrument/vocal density. The cable by itself is $199.00 but it’s on sale for $99.50. I know that’s almost to total price of the IEM, yet if you are going to dial in your special sound signature, why not go to that subtle extra place, if you can!

https://penonaudio.com/isn-audio-g4.html
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/isn-g4-iem-cables.25670/

I can’t reiterate enough on just how much of a Goldilocks tune/sound the Zetian Wu is. Simply nothing anyone would ever have an issue with, and it’s not boring in the slightest!

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #12 of 57
It’s probably my main wonder, as if the Zetian Wu is complementary to the S12? Because if you could afford to have both, they may be different enough to show a value owning both. This is just a guess on my part? I need to hear the S12. But primarily due to leaning that while all planar IEM do sound a little the same, there is enough of a difference in playback to warrant having a few “different” pairs. And even though not hearing the S12 yet, it looks like they may be very different, looking at graphs and reading interpretations so far? Just a guess!

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #13 of 57

Doing A/B comparisons between the Zetian Wu and S12/S12 Pro, the former is bassier and darker in the treble. Zetian Wu has a bigger sub-bass with a thicker note weight. Tonally, the Zetian Wu is less sibilant and fatiguing, with a smoother treble.

Technically, the Zetian Wu is slightly inferior, with fuzzier imaging, less clarity, way-blunted edge definition, and worse instrument separation and micro-details. The Zetian Wu also has a marked mid-bass bleed with a less textured and slower bass.

However, timbral accuracy is more natural on the Zetian Wu, and the Zetian Wu has a lighter shell and is more comfortable. Most planars have an artificial sheen to the timbre, but I have to say the Zetian Wu is one of the better planars in terms of timbre and a balanced tonality.

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #14 of 57
Doing A/B comparisons between the Zetian Wu and S12/S12 Pro, the former is bassier and darker in the treble. Zetian Wu has a bigger sub-bass with a thicker note weight. Tonally, the Zetian Wu is less sibilant and fatiguing, with a smoother treble.

Technically, the Zetian Wu is slightly inferior, with fuzzier imaging, less clarity, way-blunted edge definition, and worse instrument separation and micro-details. The Zetian Wu also has a marked mid-bass bleed with a less textured and slower bass.

However, timbral accuracy is more natural on the Zetian Wu, and the Zetian Wu has a lighter shell and is more comfortable. Most planars have an artificial sheen to the timbre, but I have to say the Zetian Wu is one of the better planars in terms of timbre and a balanced tonality.
Many thanks for that!

I'm anticipating getting to hear the Zetian Wu as it sounds like it will correspond well to my preferences. To me thin sound, sibilance and shoutiness are unacceptable compromises to achieve technical details. I hate scooped mid-bass as I find some warmth in an IEM helps immeasurably to convey an emotive element when listening to music, especially vocals but also strings, woodwind instruments and piano. These should fit in well with the I3Pro, Giant Panda, TTROMSO, AQ4, BL-03, CCA CA16 etc. Other planars were either excluded by price or bright tunings. Hooke X and Timeless too expensive. Dioko, S12, Muse too bright.

I also have to admit that I prefer semi-custom shape for comfort and purple is my favorite colour! :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back