The new HeadRoom site is up!
May 19, 2005 at 5:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 89

brianknewbie

100+ Head-Fier
looks like they just put it up....
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #2 of 89
It looks good. They really have expanded their inventory.
What happened to all the headphone descriptions, though? Hopefully they just haven't put them up yet...

May 19, 2005 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 89
Nice shout out to head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

A hobby isn’t much of a hobby if you don’t have someone to share it with sooner or later, and here’s another reason headphones are a great way to develop an interest in the high end: www.Head-Fi.org. This web forum site is the center of the universe for headphone enthusiasts and they have a blast. How in the world do you make a hobby out of headphones? One might legitimately ask. Well, the folks on Head-Fi regularly hold meets where folks bring their headphone equipment to each others homes and share their headphones and listening experiences with other. There is also a VERY active do-it-yourself branch of the activity that has projects suitable for hobbyists of all skill levels.

May 19, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #4 of 89
Not too many of the picture links are working for me when I click on them to get bigger....
confused.gif
hopefully thats just a temp problem.

Other than that i really like the site. Must resist buying HD 201...

AH HA i just got it. I think my brother needs some closed headphones. And i also think he's going to NEED the 201's.

May 19, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #5 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
Not too many of the picture links are working for me when I click on them to get bigger....
confused.gif
hopefully thats just a temp problem.

Other than that i really like the site. Must resist buying HD 201...

AH HA i just got it. I think my brother needs some closed headphones. And i also think he's going to NEED the 201's.

Yea, I know you were trying to look at the zoom-in pics of the HD201s. I just tried, and it doesn't work for me either hah.

Jmmmmm: I believe some descriptions are still there (just checked px100 and hd212). Can't wait till they have mini review / descriptions for all their cans.

Congrats Headroom! Great UI and easy on the eyes. Clean fonts, no flashy colors. A+++

---

Gotta love the headphone type sorting links on the left.

May 19, 2005 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 89
Check out the new Ultrasone headphones...nice pictures. Then, there is the HeadRoom MAX line with some prototype pictures as well...very nice. The new Sennheiser EH350 looks like a revised Sennheiser HD 497.

I think this new HeadRoom website has got an enormous potential for increased web traffic and growth for the company and our hobby all on one clean and colorful website.

I do have one question: it seems that HeadRoom has a section for different types of source components. Where exactly are they trying to go with that idea? Are they (finally) going to be in the business of either procuring or creating their own source components?

I like the idea of the Top 10 headphones list. It is good to see another major company embracing a Head-Fi idea. My Ue-10 PRO made the list.
cool.gif

I have one small complaint: the font size is too small. It needs to be a bit larger.

May 19, 2005 at 6:04 AM Post #9 of 89
It's awfully gratifying to see my headphones right there on the front page...

I notice their fr measurement graphics don't work, though. Not in Firefox anyway...

May 19, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #11 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Minimum
I notice their fr measurement graphics don't work, though. Not in Firefox anyway...

Doesnt work in IE either. Most anything non-microsoft related works just as well in Firefox.

May 19, 2005 at 6:47 AM Post #14 of 89
Keep in mind that the site isn't in fully operational form yet. Some links won't work. I guess we will have to wait for the official anouncement from Tyll.

May 19, 2005 at 7:00 AM Post #15 of 89
Lol, consider us QA...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back