The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Apr 23, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #18,271 of 28,989

I think this official senn stand cost 15 euro

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #18,273 of 28,989
Custom stand here

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #18,276 of 28,989
I originally loved the omega stands that I listed but then I realized that I don't want my earcups touching the stand and being compressed at all times. I think that woo audio stand is the route I am going.

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #18,278 of 28,989
I originally loved the omega stands that I listed but then I realized that I don't want my earcup a touch the stand and bing compressed at all times. I think that woo audio stand is the route I am going.

Yeah, same. I like Omega, but dislike the compression on the pads all the time. The Room and Woo Audio headphone stands are open and easier on the pads.

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #18,279 of 28,989
I originally loved the omega stands that I listed but then I realized that I don't want my earcups touching the stand and being compressed at all times. I think that woo audio stand is the route I am going.

I think you will love the Woo stand, just like I do.
Now the question is do you want it in black or silver? :)

Just found out that the chrome version that I'm using has been discontinued.

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #18,281 of 28,989

Yeah, same. I like Omega, but dislike the compression on the pads all the time. The Room and Woo Audio headphone stands are open and easier on the pads.

I agree. I also use the Woo. The broad, curved T-support does a great job of distributing the headphone's weight. Less chance of the headband "notching" or "grooving" over time.

The vertical mast is adjustable, so you can raise it for larger cans or lower it, and thus the center of gravity, for smaller rigs.

The base is quite heavy and the stand is very stable overall.

One note, though. The mast bolts through the base and the nut can strip the mast bolt if over-tightened. Once set up, though, smooth sailing.

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #18,283 of 28,989
Apr 23, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #18,284 of 28,989

I agree. I also use the Woo. The broad, curved T-support does a great job of distributing the headphone's weight. Less chance of the headband "notching" or "grooving" over time.

The vertical mast is adjustable, so you can raise it for larger cans or lower it, and thus the center of gravity, for smaller rigs.

The base is quite heavy and the stand is very stable overall.

One note, though. The mast bolts through the base and the nut can strip the mast bolt if over-tightened. Once set up, though, smooth sailing.

Nice. I want a Klutz stand for the HD 800 but it's way overpriced. So the next best thing would be a Woo Audio. If I had Audeze again, I'd go with Room headphone stand because they have perfect colour match. With HD 800, I didn't find a good match.

For double Woo stands, I have D2000 and HD 800, which are both black and silver. Not sure if the black or silver Woo would be better...?

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #18,285 of 28,989

Nice. I want a Klutz stand for the HD 800 but it's way overpriced. So the next best thing would be a Woo Audio. If I had Audeze again, I'd go with Room headphone stand because they have perfect colour match. With HD 800, I didn't find a good match.

For double Woo stands, I have D2000 and HD 800, which are both black and silver. Not sure if the black or silver Woo would be better...?

I opted for black. Black is black, and mostly complements everything. As you correctly point out, there's different kinds of silver. Wrong one might clash, and colors can appear differently on different monitors.

I have a fairly industrial setup, so maybe for me it wouldn't matter. The uglier the better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back