The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #14,701 of 28,989
The studio six is an absolute beautiful amp...
  That's what it's ALL ABOUT!!

Was so cool to read your words just now...

As thats precisely how I feel right now,
Amen!!

Havin FUN, pulled an all-night listening sesh!

<snip>
and was lovin the 800s at Canjam on ALO's Studio Six with Kens new cables!
I have both and use em together often - that was dope.
<snip>

The studio six is an absolute beautiful amp...

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #14,702 of 28,989
But is it as wonderful as the balanced-mode HA-200 monoblocks to HD800?
wink.gif

I have read about their synergy... Is it really that good (in the opinion of those in this HD800 thread)? I have read through the HA200 thread before.

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #14,704 of 28,989
Mike Mercer has spoken highly of both rigs - the balanced HA-200s and the Studio Six. I've not heard either of them, so I was hoping he could compare them.

YEAH!
I'm down to do that.

I should be back in the Sonic Satori Personal Audio Lab tomorrow - and I got some assignments to knock out first, but that would be a fun shoot-out!
I own my S6 - so I should do this soon as I gotta return the HA-200s...

GREAT idea
biggrin.gif

I'm LOVING my HD800s w/ the new Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson BTW - wired w/ Double Helix Cables Molecule Elite.

I'm experiencing this extension in the low-end that I rarely hear with these cans. The highs have amazing dimension now too.
They don't sound as thin as I sometimes hear w/ the 800 - the presentation is more window-like and easy on the eardrums...

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #14,705 of 28,989
  YEAH!
I'm down to do that.

I should be back in the Sonic Satori Personal Audio Lab tomorrow - and I got some assignments to knock out first, but that would be a fun shoot-out!

GREAT idea
biggrin.gif

I'm LOVING my HD800s w/ the new Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson BTW - wired w/ Double Helix Cables Molecule Elite.

I'm experiencing this extension in the low-end that I rarely hear with these cans. The highs have amazing dimension now too.
They don't sound as thin as I sometimes hear w/ the 800 - the presentation is more window-like and easy on the eardrums...

I've never seen you not like something, Mike!

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #14,707 of 28,989
Oct 27, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #14,708 of 28,989

Which is the way I see it, talking about gear we like is much more fun than ranting about the ones we don't like.

Plus you ruffle a lot more feathers talking about gear you don't like. 
redface.gif

Oct 27, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #14,710 of 28,989
  I have considered it. I agree that it is simpler that way. However, my statement still stands. Not to be a sauerkraut, only in jest. 

+1.  I have met Mike in person and like the guy but I do see where you are coming from. 100% legit opinion.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #14,712 of 28,989
Hehe I think if you spend $1500 on the HD800 brand new and someone criticizes the headphones in a negative way it could be offensive. Personally I think the HD800 is miles above most headphones in soundstage but can be made better with modifications and I prefer the Anaxilus mod with a good tube amp source over the stock HD800 and the Sennheiser group's cold solid state pairing

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #14,713 of 28,989
  Plus you ruffle a lot more feathers talking about gear you don't like. 
redface.gif

It seems to me that at least good half of the users here seek some sort of consumer advice. I am still among them.
At this point it is beneficial to the consumer advice seekers to read about in what areas the product doesn't meet someones needs/expectations as well as where it is performing well. Here the key is to see the context. It can go both ways, people giving impressions about HD800 hooked to improper chain mislead others who might have a good chain for these, while other are dissapointed in HD800, who believed that HD800 is one of the worlds top cans, but actually not in their system.
   Most of the world is liberal enough that agents in black suites won't come knocking on someones door if he criticized some companies product in a negative way.
I understand people who doesn't want to be reminded about where his/hers equipment stands in on someones absolute scale, but rather read and respond to positive comments and enjoy what they have now. Much less stressful.
  But there are also those who seek the truth in reproduction of audio, the performance as close to real thing as possibe, for those people negative comments are as valuable as positive ones, or given the ammount of appreciation threads, the negative ones are more valuable.
  In the end no one is forced to agree or believe anyone, so in my mind it is great if someone says what they really thought about something.

Oct 28, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #14,715 of 28,989
  YEAH!
I'm down to do that.

GREAT idea
biggrin.gif

Thanks Mike!  I'm looking forward to it.  
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back