The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Mar 5, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #527 of 29,017
Quote:
I'm confused, why would they email you after confirming?

You know how when you register for a forum, buy something on amazon, or sign up for anything online they send you a confirmation email for you to keep in your email records? If they didn't do that, how do you know everything was processed correctly?  I'm not sure what is there to be confused about

I registered my HD800 on the sennheiserUSA.com website yesterday and instead of receiving a quick automated "thanks for registering your sennheiser product" reply I got nothing, so I was very concerned.  I just submitted my registration of my $1K+ sennheiser product with a scan of my receipt/invoice with no knowledge if it went through or not.  If I happen to need repairs, what is there to stop them from saying "we have no records in our system that the headphones were registered to you, so we can't fix it for you"  I know the chance is small, but you gotta cover all the bases especially with something so expensive.  If you read their warranty conditions, they say the product is sold "as-is" and they hold all rights in determining if your headphones qualify for repairs.  

This isn't just Sennheiser though.  Let me tell you something.  the "X year warranty" line in any consumer product means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING because right after it or in smaller print it usually says something to the extent of "we reserve the right to determine if your product has been misused or if it qualifies for repair"  There are so many shady companies out there that promise warranty, but determine your product to be "misused" and "doesn't qualify."

The point is you have to make sure you're in the best position to receive the warranty.  I'm also writing to service@sennheiser.com to question whether refurbished products are indeed 2 years as well.  Conflicting opinions on this have been posted in the thread, so I'd rather email them and get a response for my records from a human representative.  

The automated reply email from registering on the German sennheiser site had this in the end of the e-mail:

"Important note: Please keep this e-mail carefully, because it confirms your
claim for a warranty periode of 2 years after date of purchase. We
recommend to print it out and keep it with your proof of purchase."

That e on period was like that in the email

This is an automated reply though for "New" HD800 from their original purchase date.    
"Refurbished" was not offered as an option only "New" and "Used/Second Hand." 

The problem is that "refurbished" is such a grey area between "Used" and "New"
Hopefully, my email to sennheiser will clear some things up.  

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #530 of 29,017
Quote:
 Someone convince me to keep my LCD2.2's. Out of the box I'm in love. Have to agree about the bass. Just awesome. Blown away. My fiance might not see me tonight.

Keep them so you dont get bored. I have three headphones that I use regular as a change of pace the lcd 2.2 is great headphone as well. keep them all. BUY BUY BUY more
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #531 of 29,017
Quote:
 Someone convince me to keep my LCD2.2's. Out of the box I'm in love. Have to agree about the bass. Just awesome. Blown away. My fiance might not see me tonight.

congrats! give them the love they deserve! Give them what they need and they will surely reciprocate. Ahmmmm... I mean the HD800, not your fiancé. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #536 of 29,017
Quote:
I appreciate the HD800's bass for its precision, but I still prefer the LCD-3's bass presentation. I don't find it loose or sloppy at all (with proper amping).

I agree with you as well. And in relation, the LCD-3's bass is superior to the HD800s for impact, depth, precision and definition. The HD800s get the win for sound staging and sense of air. Owning both, you've got pretty much all of your bases covered IMO.

Mar 5, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #537 of 29,017
Keep them so you dont get bored. I have three headphones that I use regular as a change of pace the lcd 2.2 is great headphone as well. keep them all. BUY BUY BUY more:tongue_smile:

Listening to the LCD-2s MAKES me bored. They are already gone. Sent back to Justin for store credit towards my GS-X :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back