The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #3,107 of 29,017
Quote:
A bit of topic but I'm loosing my patience. Does anyone knows any protective case suitable for HD800 that can be carried on one shoulder? I see some here and here but they are just plain cases without any kind of stripe for carrying. Don't want to have it inside rucksack or some plastic bag etc..

I have the Hippo case from Jaben and it fits the HD800 very nicely.  It has a hand strap on it that could be used to rig up a shoulder strap.  Or, as has been said, you could have someone sew a strap onto it.

Here are some pictures.

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #3,108 of 29,017
Any one else with more input?

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #3,109 of 29,017
I have HD800 into uber bifrost/lyr (toslink, not usb though), and WITH THE RIGHT TUBES, sounds pretty good, though not quite as good as through my Burson Conductor.   By good, I mean solid bass extension and detail, and smooth, extended highs.  They both do a great job with the soundstage.   Sorry, no Woo experience here.

Any one else with more imput, I would love to hear opinions on both of this sit-ups or an alternative option around the same price point.

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #3,110 of 29,017
Does anyone know from experience if a USB with the Lyr Bifrost will sound warmer than with toslink?

Just bought another pair of Amperex, this time PQ OG A frames for 39$, Hope these warm up the 800s

Jun 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #3,112 of 29,017
Does anyone know from experience if a USB with the Lyr Bifrost will sound warmer than with toslink?

Just bought another pair of Amperex, this time PQ OG A frames for 39$, Hope these warm up the 800s

Yes, Toslink's bits are transmitted using a red-ish light, which is a warm colour. The warm colour transfers into the bits and results in a warmer, smoother sound.

Jun 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #3,113 of 29,017

I assume you've already done the Anaxilus mod

Will give it a try, forgot about this one. Thanks!

Jun 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #3,115 of 29,017
Quote:

Yes, Toslink's bits are transmitted using a red-ish light, which is a warm colour. The warm colour transfers into the bits and results in a warmer, smoother sound.

Sorry for those who like it cold, I hear the Andromeda galaxy is nice this time of centennial. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #3,116 of 29,017
Quote:
Sorry for those who like it cold, I hear the Andromeda galaxy is nice this time of centennial. 

A common misconception due to red shift...lol. The Andromeda galaxy was actually nice 105.3 billion years ago, give or take 10 million years. Its cold as a witches tit now.
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #3,117 of 29,017
Quote:

A common misconception due to red shift...lol. The Andromeda galaxy was actually nice 105.3 billion years ago, give or take 10 million years. Its cold as a witches tit now.
wink.gif

And in a few billion years it will merge with us in the Milky Way. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #3,119 of 29,017
I hear no difference between USB and Toslink.. 2012 MacMini > Bifrost Uber.
I found the Amerpex Orange Globes the warmest and smoothest.
No harshness at all with my 21xxx so no Amalex mod for me.
Hope this helps :)

Quote:

Jun 4, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #3,120 of 29,017
Quote:
I don't know of anything offhand, but it looks possible to sew a strap onto those. Also, if you're willing to explore it, the foam factory does custom work.

Quote:

nanuk:
http://www.nanukcase.com/content.asp?node=2

+

nanuk strap:  http://www.nanukcase.com/content.asp?node=168

Thanks guys! Nanuk seems fine. Lol, even polar bear can't get to your HD800 while they're in it. Now only to determine the right size.

Quote:
I have the Hippo case from Jaben and it fits the HD800 very nicely.  It has a hand strap on it that could be used to rig up a shoulder strap.  Or, as has been said, you could have someone sew a strap onto it.

Here are some pictures.

Thanks bearFNF, I'll check that one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back