The New Enleum AMP-23R Amplifier (Successor to Bakoon AMP-13R) Thread
Nov 9, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #1,801 of 1,892
Probably yes. I was a bit surprised that mine is below 100.

Nov 21, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #1,805 of 1,892
Ok, my 23R has returned from service. I don't have much time now for proper testing, but I was curious about one thing. We had here a subject of some people (including me) having a problem with midrage of 23R. There where theories that it may be an issue with some units. As my unit had to be send for fixing other problem I though that it'll be a good opportunity to check this thing. I assumed that it's not the case and it's just how Enleum sounds. I checked it yestarday and it sounds as it was before. It is what it is.

Still it was nice to hear it after about five weeks of listening to other amps. I just need to invest in better solid state amp for headphones :wink:.

Nov 21, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #1,807 of 1,892
This thread has 120 pages. When was that discussed? Or can you briefly decribe what you don't like about Enleum's midrange?
Well it was also pointed out in Convince Me Audio and GoldenSound reviews - it's smoothen, instruments are lacking textures, it's a bit pushed to back. For me it's a bit dead here - like on other amps the same tracks make me tap my feet and enjoy the music more. The midrange is more lifelike. On Enleum I don't feel anything like this.

EDIT: ok, I need to wait with previous statement because it seems that Enleum did not fixed the amp. When I checked today the problem is still there so I need to wait until the case is resolved. Great work Enleum…

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #1,808 of 1,892
Well it was also pointed out in Convince Me Audio and GoldenSound reviews - it's smoothen, instruments are lacking textures, it's a bit pushed to back. For me it's a bit dead here - like on other amps the same tracks make me tap my feet and enjoy the music more. The midrange is more lifelike. On Enleum I don't feel anything like this.

EDIT: ok, I need to wait with previous statement because it seems that Enleum did not fixed the amp. When I checked today the problem is still there so I need to wait until the case is resolved. Great work Enleum…
Suddenly my unit's issue no longer matters.

Nov 24, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #1,809 of 1,892
I’m a newbie so be gentle.

It’s a Sunday and I’m looking to downsize so… 72 pages later :).

The Enleum is very much on my short list as I downsize my system, but, as an amp for speakers. I’ve read at least 1 review suggesting it as a good match for Zu but largely in the context of 8ohm speakers. My Zu are the 16ohM 100db 1w 1m Soul Superfly. Amplification is currently hideously mismatched (Naim), which nevertheless doesn’t sound too terrible and I’ve moved from CD (also Naim) to an Innuos Zenith 3 and a Hugo TT2 DAC, both of which I love.

Obvious short list is valve stuff like Decware but i suspect solid state is going to be more popular in this household. The Enleum appears to tick a lot of boxes but I’ve a small number of questions. Nearest UK dealer for me is just over 200 miles away.

- the speakers are clearly sensitive enough for the amp to thrive but what’s the likely impact of them being 16ohm rather than 8?
- Chord Hugo TT2 DAC would connect to the Enleum by Chord Epic. Amp mode or DAC mode though? It’s currently in amp mode and running at -11 which works well with my Naim pre.

All thoughts welcome.
I use my Enleum with Bouchardt s400 mk it sounds amazing and plenty of power ,it has lots of current

Nov 30, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #1,810 of 1,892
I'm going to try the 23R as a speaker amp after I get about 250-300hrs of burn-in of the amp. I'll post my thoughts here after I try it. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that the WA33 only has balanced preamp outputs. Regardless, you don't need a preamp in front of the 23R to use it as speaker amp. The 6 Moons reviewer claims it's the best SS low power speaker amp that he has ever used.
It is just as amazing as a speaker amp as it headphone amp ,I love mine and won't ever change it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back