The New Enleum AMP-23R Amplifier (Successor to Bakoon AMP-13R) Thread
Jan 2, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #92 of 1,892
I tested it, volume on let say 10-11 switched off to standby, then volume down, then power on and the volume is minimum when music is playing.

Thank you. So probably just my unit. Honestly the amount of issues I’ve had with electronics and headphones this week is driving me insane. Only makes sense that I have something else that’s defective. It could easily drive me away from the hobby. One pair of headphone broken driver, and the third piece of electronics to have issues. All in one week.

Jan 2, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #93 of 1,892
I tested it, volume on let say 10-11 switched off to standby, then volume down, then power on and the volume is minimum when music is playing.

When it's on standby and you turned it down, did you hear the relay clicks?

Jan 3, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #96 of 1,892
When the unit is turned off with a 3 second hold on the power button does it then go into standby mode if plugged into AC? When I turn on my amp it always makes the relay clicks.

Yes it’s always in standby - never turns off unless you unplug. You can tell by white light that flashes every few seconds (instead of solid white dot)

Jan 3, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #97 of 1,892
sounds like it is pretty much identical in function to the 13r......

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #98 of 1,892
sounds like it is pretty much identical in function to the 13r......

@jlbrach - do you have the issue that I mentioned with volume not going down on standby in my previous posts? While someone said they're unit doesn't do this - I'm still trying to determine if it's normal behavior.

Jan 4, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #99 of 1,892
@jlbrach - do you have the issue that I mentioned with volume not going down on standby in my previous posts? While someone said they're unit doesn't do this - I'm still trying to determine if it's normal behavior.

I have the 13R and volume automatically goes to 0 under 3 circumstances of headphone usage:

1) Remote control triggered standby
2) Plug in headphones to 1/4" Jack
3) Unplug headphones from 1/4" Jack

Jan 4, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #100 of 1,892
Is the stock power cable decent or did you all upgrade immediately?

Jan 4, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #102 of 1,892
In 99% of cases they aren't :)
Interesting chime in… why is a product line sponsor commenting on another non-competitor product?

Does iFi offer a direct grounded non-transformer cable I don’t know about?

Jan 4, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #103 of 1,892
Interesting chime in… why is a product line sponsor commenting on another non-competitor product?

Does iFi offer a direct grounded non-transformer cable I don’t know about?
He's a legit audio enthusiast aside from being a sponsor

Jan 4, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #104 of 1,892
in interest of getting thread back on track, I’ve got an Enleum 23R incoming and have decided to lock up the checkbook as this is Endgame for sure. Very exciting looking forward to hearing this beauty.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #105 of 1,892
as soon as I turn it to standby volume goes to zero...when I start it back up it starts at zero...the only issue I tend to have is the tricky process of changing the gain level from low to high...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back