The New Enleum AMP-23R Amplifier (Successor to Bakoon AMP-13R) Thread
May 1, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #616 of 1,898
Just double checking, TBH I found 40/50 in high gain on 13R ear splitting with both HE6 and sus so not sure I can help
He is likely running a fairly large amount of negative gain compensation via the EQ to cope with the boosts he is doing, therefore needing a higher volume setting on the amp than those not using EQ. Its a problem I've run into before. Just guessing of course in his particular case.

for the OP's question @Sebbai I would doubt any standard hifi DAC output voltage (ranging from say 2v to 6vish) is actually going to damage anything, but you might run into distortion/clipping if its too high. I'd shoot enleum and email and see what their max input voltage is (or your manual might tell you if you received one.) Alternatively, just try say 4v, and see how it works.

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #617 of 1,898
Just double checking, TBH I found 40/50 in high gain on 13R ear splitting with both HE6 and sus so not sure I can help
via high gain with my chord dave I find myself listening 25-35 most of the time with occasional albums a bit outside of the extremes out of the 13r

May 2, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #618 of 1,898
How much input Voltage can the Bakoon 13r/ Enleum 23r handle? Is 3V safe? Because I'm maxing the volume on low-volume songs, with my Ares 2 with 2.2v output to RCA.

(I'm running Oratory EQ with my HE6)
I would email Enleum and ask what the input sensitivity is on the 23R. Assuming it’s not listed on the site, of course.

For what it’s worth, I run my Bartók at 2V to the Enleum and on high gain I never even get past 12 o’clock on the gain control with my Susvara.

May 2, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #619 of 1,898
I would email Enleum and ask what the input sensitivity is on the 23R. Assuming it’s not listed on the site, of course.

For what it’s worth, I run my Bartók at 2V to the Enleum and on high gain I never even get past 12 o’clock on the gain control with my Susvara.
So you’re also running the Bartok + Enleum? Nice pairing. I use it with the DCA Stealths. Nice trio.

May 2, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #620 of 1,898
It’s not really a issue, just some song I can max the volume, like

Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush

I’m also running pre-gain at -7db. Most songs I’m around 30-40 (of 50) at high gain. I have switched to the Mojo 2 as a DAC for now, haven’t run into any issues feeding the Bakoon 3V so far.

Have also sent a mail to bakoon and Enleum about input sensitivity for both units. Will post the answer here if I get a reply.

Thanks for the input guys 🙏

May 3, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #621 of 1,898
Holy crap, they both take up to 10V of input. Bakoon/Enleum is one powerful unit.

87FD52E9-4B05-4D66-9C9F-AD3A411B6914.png

May 3, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #622 of 1,898
Darn - looks like my 23r has developed an odd issue in the Bias circuit, causing the headphone jack to crackle and pop non-stop.

It also seems to be causing issues in the back, where that same crackle and pop is coming from one channel.

Luckily, sending it back to Soo, and he will get it fixed next week.

Just when it was becoming an integral part of my set-up!

May 5, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #623 of 1,898
Darn - looks like my 23r has developed an odd issue in the Bias circuit, causing the headphone jack to crackle and pop non-stop.

It also seems to be causing issues in the back, where that same crackle and pop is coming from one channel.

Luckily, sending it back to Soo, and he will get it fixed next week.

Just when it was becoming an integral part of my set-up!
I'm surprised that you're using the 23R to power the Revel F206B. I've owned Revel speakers in the past and they usually like a powerful SS amp. Is the 23R driving the F206B well? I'm interested in your thoughts about this pairing because my friend owns F206 speakers. If it pairs well, maybe I'll take my 23R over to his place to try it out. He currently uses a vintage 50w/ch solid state McIntosh amp from the 70s. After listening to his system, I've told him that he needs more power. He'll think I'm crazy if I bring over a little 25w/ch amp to try on his speakers. :slight_smile:

May 6, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #625 of 1,898
I'm surprised that you're using the 23R to power the Revel F206B. I've owned Revel speakers in the past and they usually like a powerful SS amp. Is the 23R driving the F206B well? I'm interested in your thoughts about this pairing because my friend owns F206 speakers. If it pairs well, maybe I'll take my 23R over to his place to try it out. He currently uses a vintage 50w/ch solid state McIntosh amp from the 70s. After listening to his system, I've told him that he needs more power. He'll think I'm crazy if I bring over a little 25w/ch amp to try on his speakers. :slight_smile:

It's the best amp I have on me so...why wouldn't I! I'd say yes, with a pre-amp. I use our Pro iCAN Signature, mainly so I can add a little xBass when I need it as the 23r and the F206bs are known to be a little light on the low end (especially for my tastes).

With a solid pre-amp, I don't go past half volume on my 23r and it does a great job driving them, in my book.

May 6, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #626 of 1,898

May 7, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #627 of 1,898
Has anyone compared the 23R to the CFA-3?

Also- I found a used (mint condition) 23R for $5000 Is that a fair price? It is the 2021 model with the older remote- but I assume the sonics are the same as the 2022 model.

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #629 of 1,898
Has anyone compared the 23R to the CFA-3?

Also- I found a used (mint condition) 23R for $5000 Is that a fair price? It is the 2021 model with the older remote- but I assume the sonics are the same as the 2022 model.
I haven’t heard the 23R, but had a 13R before, and it’s a no contest vs. CFA3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back