the new changes are more like a massive downgrade!!!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2017 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Shini44

Headphoneus Supremus
1- Headgear section no longer have the sorting... like seriously.... filter to alphabetic or stars...

2- headgear sales reflect avatars but not the photos of the rigs...

3- can't know if a certain thread have new post unless you sub... (before you see it with bold font)

how on earth the new changes are better than what we had before???

can we seriously go back to the previous model? these changes are a big joke IMO.

sorry about the Rant but i wanted to be honest with my opinion. i been here for five years and i visit this site everyday...

Apr 29, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 15
Agreed. 95% of my Head-Fi browsing was in the head gear section. It used to be so easy to find what I wanted: select the type of gear, select the brand(s), and then peruse. I can't understand why the site designers did away with the brand selector function. The change has made the head gear section much more difficult to negotiate, and less useful. I can see myself spending less time here as a result.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #4 of 15
All my likes and reputation are gone!!! And cannot search threads with keywords anymore, which makes any research almost impossible.
GIVE US THE OLD SITE BACK, LIKE THIS IT'S NOT FUN ANYMORE!

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 15
can we seriously go back to the previous model? these changes are a big joke IMO.

GIVE US THE OLD SITE BACK, LIKE THIS IT'S NOT FUN ANYMORE!

I wanted to say a quick word about why we made the platform change: We had to. I love the Huddler forum platform, and still feel it's the best forum platform out there. However, we were informed that Huddler would be phased out over the next months, and so the Huddler platform (along with our long partnership with Huddler/Wikia) would be coming to an end. So, for those of you who suggested that we roll this back to Huddler, now you understand why we can't. I believe someone also suggested we license Huddler: That was not an option.

Simply put, we can't go back--none of the Huddler sites can. But we can move forward, together, and would appreciate your help doing just that.

While I agree with many that the community should have been informed of this migration prior to its rollout, instead of forcing us into essentially beta-testing, the staff has been responsive to fixes and bugs thus far, so all we can really do right now is to continue filing bugs. I'm not apologizing for them - I'm similarly disappointed. In fact, I was unable to log in for days due to the password fiasco. And I've spent a good part of yesterday and today tweaking my userstyles, changing privacy settings, and recreating my ignore list (which they did not import from Huddler).

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #6 of 15
While I agree with many that the community should have been informed of this migration prior to its rollout, instead of forcing us into essentially beta-testing, the staff has been responsive to fixes and bugs thus far, so all we can really do right now is to continue filing bugs. I'm not apologizing for them - I'm similarly disappointed. In fact, I was unable to log in for days due to the password fiasco. And I've spent a good part of yesterday and today tweaking my userstyles, changing privacy settings, and recreating my ignore list (which they did not import from Huddler).
Who's Huddler, anyway? Why weren't Headfiers given a heads-up of what was about to happen? And as Huddler would have been "phased out over the next months", couldn't the new platform have been run in parallel until all the bugs where sorted out, instead of jumping in the water one day to the next? Seriously!

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #7 of 15
Who's Huddler, anyway?
Head-Fi has been on Huddler since 2008/9 (I can't remember). It is a platform that provides software for running forums.

Who's Huddler, anyway? Why weren't Headfiers given a heads-up of what was about to happen?
And as Huddler would have been "phased out over the next months", couldn't the new platform have been run in parallel until all the bugs where sorted out, instead of jumping in the water one day to the next? Seriously!
I don't know. I could not find any direct answers to this question. It seems like a poor move on their part.

Apr 29, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #8 of 15
I've been having issues with the new website as well. The only way to log into my profile is to google my username and click on it...the 'log-in' button is broken. Edit: Nevermind, it appears to have been fixed today, cheers.

My phone cannot and will not load the new site as well, and I post from my phone more than anything. The subscriber tab is sorely missed; notifications for 'new/unread' posts on subbed threads are unclear or they simply do not exist?? Eh, just gotta get used to it I guess.

Does keyword searching within threads even exist now?? It has prevented many unnecessary postings by myself and saved me tons of time and hassle in the past. What was an excellent research tool is now apparently gone.

My photo gallery appears to have gone missing, do we have to re-upload all those photos?

As someone who browsed the old website design a lot, I can't help but feel disappointed.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #9 of 15
I don't know if I am being dense but cannot find subscriptions, which is the main way that I interact with Head Fi. I quite like the new look but would like this feature back.

Apr 30, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #10 of 15
This is a mess. Navigation on mobile devices is a nightmare so far. I haven't tested the site on my Mac yet but it's not looking good.

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #12 of 15
Does keyword searching within threads even exist now?? It has prevented many unnecessary postings by myself and saved me tons of time and hassle in the past. What was an excellent research tool is now apparently gone.

My photo gallery appears to have gone missing, do we have to re-upload all those photos?
No more thread-specific search, apparently. I'm pretty irked about that too.

Go to head-fi.org/f/search, and search for albums under your username (there's a filter by username field). Your avatars and default album should be there. Not sure about the rest.

I don't know if I am being dense but cannot find subscriptions, which is the main way that I interact with Head Fi. I quite like the new look but would like this feature back.
They should be at the very top right of the header on the desktop version. Otherwise, go to head-fi.org/f/watched/threads. I've made it a quickmark so that I don't have to go to the menus.

Also, if everybody has a complaint, I'd go to the official thread on the Feedback subforum. Staff members are answering people there, so you'd be more widely heard. If you just want to gripe, maybe go to the larger thread.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #13 of 15
This new setup is really hard on my eyes as someone who has high light sensitivity. The old scheme was fine also, we can't see post counts ect. on the left now? It seems like many spots are blank as well. It feels like they just rolled this out and did not test it in mass with any kind of feedback time with a beta first.

Malcolm

May 1, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #14 of 15
I found subscriptions. Thanks for the help. Couldn't work out how to quote our multi quote. This new format is not exactly intuitive.

May 1, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #15 of 15

This is seriously bad. As a veteran in the software business, I can sympathise with the developers. But from a management point of view, it's clear to me that the migration decision to this new platform is a total screw up. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Sorry, but what were you thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back