The New Brainwavz S3 “Silver Bullet” Earphones with Clearwavz Remote & Microphone
Sep 28, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #151 of 316

I am using sennheiser wide bore biflange tips.

And i dont think  this has leaner bass when compared to jive. :p To me this is balanced but not as jives or R3, these have enough air and rumble to say its not flat.

Shame on you :wink:

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #152 of 316

biggrin.gif
, keep calm mate, easy easy, he didnt got you, he will soon.

Seriously doubt it 
wink_face.gif
 As for tips, I like tip rolling with tips I have lying around, but my review will not in any way include said results because how can I, or any consumer, expect to have the tips you found to work so perfectly? The included ones are all that matter in a review, period. You want to talk about it on this thread, go for it(no one can stop you anyway....), but do not expect a buyer of these to have what you have, it's not fair to the seller or the buyer. Not making it any clearer than that, a three year old could understand it....sheesh.

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #153 of 316
....sigh....
As expected, you completely missed the entire point of that post....and I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you. If you don't get it just reading it, you never will. You got FIT outta that...seriously??

Well, I think likewise would be the right expression here but the adult thing would probably be to agree to disagree and move on.

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #154 of 316
  Seriously doubt it 
wink_face.gif
 As for tips, I like tip rolling with tips I have lying around, but my review will not in any way include said results because how can I, or any consumer, expect to have the tips you found to work so perfectly? The included ones are all that matter in a review, period. You want to talk about it on this thread, go for it(no one can stop you anyway....), but do not expect a buyer of these to have what you have, it's not fair to the seller or the buyer. Not making it any clearer than that, a three year old could understand it....sheesh.

Well, I think likewise would be the right expression here but the adult thing would probably be to agree to disagree and move on.

Knight has a point to be precise, i think i will jump into the brainwavz biflanges for the review, and i will mention that these sound better and more balanced with wide bore tips for sure, for those who have extra tips lying around!!

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #156 of 316
If suggest...

1. Describe how it sounds out of the box

2. Describe how it sounds with preferred included tips

3. Describe how it sounds with your favorite tips

Too much to describe!!
tongue.gif
, i will drop a few line on 1 and 3.

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #157 of 316
If suggest...

1. Describe how it sounds out of the box

2. Describe how it sounds with preferred included tips

3. Describe how it sounds with your favorite tips

Well said. That was my point, actually. But unfortunately, that will NOT happen on so many reviews on these, they will simply say what tips they liked, like big bore for instance, not say that they don't come in the package, and folks will but this thinking it will, and BLAME BRAINWAVZ for not having the tips the reviewer liked so much....it's getting out of hand on the reviews on here. How can you expect Brainwavz to include every single tip you folks are talking about on this thread, hmmmm? Not gonna happen is what, and it really kills me how much the majority of you DON'T get it...sad really.....

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #158 of 316
Just came across this argument and I wanted to share my ideas.

If self expression was limited to only a bunch of eratips inside a small package, Havi B3P1 might not be existed... Do you know what? They did start to include some different wide bore eartips after feedback. If anyone is not satisfied with the included eratips, that iem company have to listen and care about the collective mind. Yes you should describe the sound in general with the included eartips. But if a reviewer spends time to find a better eartip he can make his review in that way. Earcanals are not the same.... Acessorie packs and tuning , all are shapable things afterall... But not your hearing... IMO, Every opinion is valuable. Every input have values. Every breathing creature and his thoughts are valuable, we need to tolerate and discuss with peace :wink:

Peace

Peace

Peace...

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #159 of 316
All of you guys are making so much sense now, really.

All i wanna say is that, do what ever you like to do!! We can bend things, Jive might ship with a double flange after all!! Brainwavz will come out with more capable earphones soon, i was hoping for it since the S5, a TOTL at last will be out soon!!

Its good to see a brand listening to reviewers, Just be honest, put your word out, Keep calm and enjoy your silver bullet!!
If you dont, say it, Brainwavz is listening!!!
redface.gif
beerchug.gif

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #160 of 316
  All of you guys are making so much sense now, really.

All i wanna say is that, do what ever you like to do!! We can bend things, Jive might ship with a double flange after all!! Brainwavz will come out with more capable earphones soon, i was hoping for it since the S5, a TOTL at last will be out soon!!

Its good to see a brand listening to reviewers, Just be honest, put your word out, Keep calm and enjoy your silver bullet!!
If you dont, say it, Brainwavz is listening!!!
redface.gif
beerchug.gif

Couldn't agree more. I never said any of this didn't belong on this thread, just keep it out of the reviews unless stating, CLEARLY, that you used other tips, or used other means other than what was included in the box, to come to your conclusion. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #161 of 316
Like it or not Head-fi is a unique environment made up of amateurs and professionals alike and is ultimately a community versus a business (yes I know there is a business that is derived from the community but the community itself is for the most part outside of that business). Consequently there is no right or wrong way to write a review and I wouldn't want it any other way, otherwise we wouldn't have the variety we have today. I know my writing style isn't for everyone (to bland, not enough negativism, and I am sure just to long winded, "would you get to the point ALREADY!") but I also know I have my followers who enjoy what I have to say. Others are hard nosed and will call a company out on their #$%@ because they call it like they see it and devil be damned the consequences. Others LOVE to use graphs and charts, and others have the most amazing photo skills and love to show the products in all their glory. MOST reviewers spend more time on their review than the value of the product they are reviewing and most do it out of love of the hobby, not just to get free stuff. I personally appreciate the free stuff I get because it allows me to be analytical and stretch myself from a literary perspective without breaking the bank because I can't afford to buy every IEM or headphone I have reviewed (not that this has stopped me from spending thousands of dollars over my years on head-fi). In my years on head-fi I have NEVER sold a free product but have quite often given them away because I don't have the space to keep everything I have reviewed (bought or given) and don't listen to everything I have reviewed (bought or given) because I only have one set of ears and only so much time, so I tend to gravitate to what I like the best when I am not reviewing a product.

Here is my reviewing advice for any willing to listen:

• Write only from experience not what you read, if you do feel the need to make an assumption make sure you are clear that your making a guess based off what your reading versus actual experience.
  • Head-fi has special designations for people of the trade and various other special groups and they expect certain conduct from members of those groups. Those of us who like to review products do not have a special designation as most of us are just average members of the forum. But I think it would be good for us to follow a certain code of conduct.
    • Read other reviews to see what you like in a review but try to not cart blanch copy any one reviewers style (imitation may be the best form of flattery but it is also a form of plagiarism). In the end it's important to be yourself and inject yourself into your reviews.
    • Don't criticize other reviewers publicly (and only do it privately AFTER you get permission from the author to do so). If you feel someone is being a shill report them, if you think someone is trying to profit through flipping their reviewer gear report them. If you don't like what they are saying IGNORE THEM!
  • There is nothing wrong with being subjective in your review just make sure your clear about it up front. When your subjective leanings are in conflict with your objective analysis again be clear about it, after all just because a product isn't your cup of tea doesn't mean it's a bad product. Or conversely just because a product is right up your wheelhouse doesn't mean it's perfect either.
  • Be passionate when it's warranted but try to remember that to much spice can overwhelm even the best food.
  • List your gear used during testing, list your primary genre preferences, if you have a preferred signature list it.
  • Always disclaim if you have been given a product for reviewing or if you have purchased it. (People think bias comes in to play on free products, but it often comes just as much into play when we purchase a product, especially if it was expensive.)
  • Try to wait a few days before writing a review so any over enthusiasm or let down from over expectation is minimized (I personally have been guilty of this particular point). This also allows for equipment and brain burn in to take place.
  • Try to use the included accessories for your review and be clear if you use third party accessories. Personally I explain why I am switching if I use 3rd party tips and I try to explain fit and sound differences for the included and 3rd party tips.
  • LAST POINT! Have fun and never take yourself to darned serious!!! :)

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #162 of 316
^ I might give my S3 away when I am done with them :) to the person who is now testing them for me on their commute for the Clearwavz remote since I don't have Apple devices to test properly. Also liking non-stock tips best so far but I'll go back and reassess my favorite stock tips for my review. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back