The new Blackfield Tour will be great
Feb 10, 2007 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

itay

100+ Head-Fier
Yesterday i traveld to Jerusalem to see the beginning of the Blackfield Tour ,
it is their first show in the tour , and it was quite freaking awesone ..

I love Porcupine Tree and i like Blackfield , the "Once" Single was excellnet so i couldn't miss this show .

i stood about 2 meters from Wilson which was great , the guy is just adorable , he was funny and kept thanking us .

The Show :
they started with Once , and damm it sounded much better Live , they played their entire new album , but combained their previous material so it wouldn't be too much .
their new songs are excellnet, they have energy but also that sadness which is a huge part of Blackfield .
wilson was great and so was the rest of the band ( espcially the drummer ) .
my only compliant is the lenght , the show was about an hour and a half , it could have been longer if they did more songs from their first album.
even if you only like Blackfield , if you can , Go ! .

Feb 10, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 8
Good shout and thanks for your thoughts. I'm seeing Blackfield on Friday in London so seriously looking forward to that! They're supported by Pure Reason Revolution which is another band I'm quite fond of so should be an excellent show.

Also just finished listening to the new album for the first time and I'm very impressed. I managed to resist the temptation to download it 2 months ago and I'm pleased I did. There's still nothing like unwrapping a cd for the first time, putting it in the cd player and flicking through the booklet while you listen.

Go and see Blackfield if you can. I believe there are still tickets available
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 9:48 AM Post #3 of 8
I'm hoping I can see Blackfield this tour, but I don't think it's in the cards for me this time.

But what I'm really hoping is that I can catch Porcupine Tree when they tour in support of their new album.

Feb 11, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 8
A little Introduction to those of you who don't know Blackfield :
It's a collabortaion between Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree ) and Aviv Geffen ( who is/was a quite rebelious rock star in israel ),
the songs are beautifull and sad ( the music is beautifull , the lyrics are sad ) .

Feb 11, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Floodedstatue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good shout and thanks for your thoughts. I'm seeing Blackfield on Friday in London so seriously looking forward to that! They're supported by Pure Reason Revolution which is another band I'm quite fond of so should be an excellent show.)

I'll be there on Friday night. Been looking forward to this for a while.

Wilson is a a god!
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 8
I can't stop listening to Blackfield II. My favorite song is "Once", I'd love to hear it live!! Itay, you are SO lucky to have seen them!!!

It's too bad that they're not touring in the Midwest! Hopefully I'll be able to see Porcupine Tree when they tour.

Feb 13, 2007 at 9:17 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioheadJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't stop listening to Blackfield II. My favorite song is "Once", I'd love to hear it live!! Itay, you are SO lucky to have seen them!!!

It's too bad that they're not touring in the Midwest! Hopefully I'll be able to see Porcupine Tree when they tour.

I wouldn't be surprised, at least Chicago if no Milwaukee.

Feb 14, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't be surprised, at least Chicago if no Milwaukee.

I think the dates are all up for Blackfield and that's all for this tour, if I'm not mistaken. I wish I could take a roadtrip to see one of the shows!!

As for Porcupine Tree, you're right, I'm sure they'll be playing Chicago
smily_headphones1.gif
I wish they'd come to Milwaukee, that would be perfect for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back