The new basshead IEM? ATH-CKX9is
Oct 20, 2013 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Yazen

1000+ Head-Fier
I was looking into new Audio Technica products and stumbled across the ATH-CKX9is.  They were announced to be released in October along with the rest of the SONICFUEL line, however I have yet to see them being retailed locally.  Searching on Head-Fi gave no results, so I thought I would take the time to start a thread on them.

Review made by MSN tech UK:  http://tech.uk.msn.com/audio/audio-technica-ath-ckx9is-sonicfuel-review

From what I have read, they appear to not be water resistant.  Fortunately the in-line microphone and volume controls have been tested to work on iOS, Android, and wait for it....  Windows Phone 8! I've been a fan of Audio-Technica over ear products as they tend to have a forward midrange.  Interesting to read their new IEMs to have a strong emphasis on bass response.

The cheapest way to buy these in the US appears to be directly off eBay.com, as any forwarding service would add too much overhead.  (Before factoring the conversion rate)

Would be most appreciated if anyone could add first hand input or additional findings to the mix.  I've overcome my upgraditis, so for the time being I will have to wait before I buy these.  I'll add a review when I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back