The new allmusic.com-- what do you think?
Aug 4, 2004 at 4:10 PM Post #16 of 27
Slow and buggy. Need I say more?
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 4, 2004 at 4:17 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
[size=x-large]HATE it![/size]
mad.gif

ME TOO!!!

i used to love AMG, but now it just plain sucks. it's slow, buggy, and you have to go through a gazillion links just to find what you're looking for. whoever thought of those stupid tab links on top should be dragged out to the streets and shot!

Aug 4, 2004 at 4:26 PM Post #18 of 27
based on the unanimous opinions among (former) amg-fans here, maybe it won't take too long until they realize their mistake. page hits will be dropping big time.

hey, let's boycott
biggrin.gif

and if that doesn't work (it won't) we can still implement bong's suggestion...

Aug 4, 2004 at 9:06 PM Post #20 of 27
I was a heavy AMG user, but because it's so slow now and only worls with Internet Explorer I have switched to www.mp3.com , which has the same content as AMG, including the reviews. It's not as good as the old AMG site (less search options, less crosslinks between artists) but much better than the new one.

Aug 4, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riordan
based on the unanimous opinions among (former) amg-fans here, maybe it won't take too long until they realize their mistake. page hits will be dropping big time.

hey, let's boycott
biggrin.gif

and if that doesn't work (it won't) we can still implement bong's suggestion...

Not sure it counts as a boycott if performance is so bad the site can't be used.
evil_smiley.gif

I'm glad to see this thread. I thought I was the only one having the problems with the revision. Don't these people ever dial into their own site to see how it works from the user's perspective?

BW

Aug 4, 2004 at 11:58 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

I was a heavy AMG user, but because it's so slow now and only worls with Internet Explorer I have switched to www.mp3.com , which has the same content as AMG, including the reviews. It's not as good as the old AMG site (less search options, less crosslinks between artists) but much better than the new one.

thanks for the heads up! the content seems very similar, and its fast as hell....

But I still like the genius simplicity of the old site better

Aug 5, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #24 of 27
Yep, looks worse and navigation is worse now too. Being able to download song samples is nice, though, and I do like the way the photos of artists change everytime the page is refreshed.

But, yeah, I really loved their old format both for looks and functionality.

Aug 5, 2004 at 3:54 PM Post #25 of 27
never underestimate the evil of capitalists (or, as bushie said: "they misunderestimate me").

here's the Value Proposition: we'll make the site usable only by high-bandwidth users; charge more for adverts on the grounds that the remaining hits are from high wealth surfers who can afford, and use, HB.

dial-ups and DSL folk no longer matter. get over it. you're just merde on the soles of the fascist jack boots.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 11, 2004 at 6:28 PM Post #27 of 27
Samples are nice.. Though it takes a bit clicking to get them playing. (50% of the tries timeout?)

Yep, sloow. *Hopefully they can optimize/get more servers online/load balance..*

"Works" on a Mozilla for me, but the JS links sure are annoying..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back