The Neutral / Balanced Thread
Feb 21, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #346 of 355
Quote:
I feel like the list in the first post is a bit outdated. Their are a few different IEM's out on the market, including some customs, that should be included. Also, some threads similar to this have things like "Bass boost EQ amps" sections in the basshead thread. Why not do Neutral/Balanced DAP's? I've been loving my Tera Player (neutrally tuned) and my Aurisonic AS-2's (Also tuned quite neutral) and the combination of them is amazing. If the OPer wants me to collect a few names of additions, I'd happily help. 

so would i 

the Objective 2 AMP is the most nutral amp out there for the money, it can drive things almost up to the lcds 2 can fit in your pocket as its a protable amp

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #348 of 355
Quote:
What are the best closed over ear neutral headphone with great detail and instrument seperation and good clarity maximum €150,- ($200)?

if you can pay 15 euros more, there is german maestro gmp 8.35d monitor. 165 euros, check it out, these are kind of hidden diamonds of this range.

edit: also check krk kns8400 if gmp 8.35d is over your budget. kns8400 is more affordable.

both would make really happy trust me.

Oct 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #350 of 355
Ok. So i don't know what club I Belong to. I like music with all the instruments that when you pay attention, you can count how many different instruments there are. But I emphasize tight neutral bass, and I love crisp clear. There are trebles with electronics system. I want to hear it crisp and clear.

So what club do I Belong to...? please help me

So far I can only find two things that I like.

Koss porta pro, and my home stereo.

Is there better headphones than porta pro? I want it open type, and portable. Thanks

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #352 of 355
Mar 29, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #353 of 355
Please add the new Focals and remove SRH840 (V-shaped) and CD900ST (bright). Also I'm not sure which Ultrasones are supposed to be neutral, certainly not the ones I've heard. Thanks.

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #355 of 355
Anyone who has heard the Sennheiser HD 201's, how would you classify/describe their sound? They are my first real headphones and I want to know how they are categorized by the general community. To me, they seem like they are relatively neutral with a deep, full, yet level, extended bass, and perhaps slightly rolled off treble. I love how I can hear the detail and texture in each instrument. Is this close to how most people on Head-Fi would describe that sound? It would help a lot; it's hard to pick out headphones when you don't know what you want in relation to how others would describe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back