The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone surround sound)
Oct 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #1,907 of 4,136
I use the standard gaming preset. If the bass is to much with your cans you can lower it a bit with the equalizer. Btw. which cans do you use for gaming. I take the AKG K702.

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #1,908 of 4,136
I use the standard gaming preset. If the bass is to much with your cans you can lower it a bit with the equalizer. Btw. which cans do you use for gaming. I take the AKG K702.

I have Superlux 668B, these are my settings right now (virtual surround off):

But I'm wondering what the best settings are for virtual surround, because its a slider and not only an on/off option...

Greetings,

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #1,909 of 4,136
Now you have only Stereo. You disabled Dolby headphone completely. The slider lets you select the roomsize. Please turn the virtual surround back on.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #1,911 of 4,136
Vitual surround for headphone is Dolby Headphone.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #1,912 of 4,136
No, it seems to be much better with the slider to the left. The righmost position is meant for movies or live concerts. And I would not kastrate the bass like you did. It sounds very lifeless then.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #1,913 of 4,136
No, it seems to be much better with the slider to the left. The righmost position is meant for movies or live concerts. And I would not kastrate the bass like you did. It sounds very lifeless then.

Isn't the headphone option in Dolby Home Theater the same as Dolby Headphone?
I'll try to add some bass. The reason because I do this is when an explosion happens I can't hear many other sounds. 
At my competition level there is no fun needed in the sound.

So this should do the trick? (for surround)

Greetings and thanks for helping me :)

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #1,914 of 4,136
Yes, and now that you got it, which game do you play?

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #1,916 of 4,136
Same here! You are in Holland, right? I actually played Black Ops 1 two days ago. Got a nice Polish sever. Played 4 maps and it was great. I had the preorder pack for Ghost in my hands today. We will meet there I think. But I am 53 years old and not the fastest anymore so I need to camp a lot...... Got kicked from Black Ops 1 a lot because of camping, using claymore... LOL

Oct 5, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #1,917 of 4,136
I assume the surrou d slider at around halfway is the rough equivalent to Dolby Headphone 2, which is the best compromise.

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #1,918 of 4,136
  Are you currently using the T-HD (Titanium HD) or using on-board audio and looking to add the T-HD or SB-Z (Sound Blaster Z)
If your into older games (EAX 5.0) then the T-HD should be better.
What is your budget?

I am currently using on-board audio and am looking for a sound card best suited for competitive FPS gaming. I'm into older games, sure, but if it's better in newer games, then that's really what matters. My budget really is whatever, but I'm not spending more than $150-ish give or take unless it's truly worth it. I don't care too much about music or movies, but it's a nice bonus.

Edit: I was also looking at the Essence STX but I don't think Dolby HP would be better than CMSS-3D or SBX Surround. Still not sure though. Maybe it would be better with EQ tweaks?

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #1,919 of 4,136
  I am currently using on-board audio and am looking for a sound card best suited for competitive FPS gaming. I'm into older games, sure, but if it's better in newer games, then that's really what matters. My budget really is whatever, but I'm not spending more than $150-ish give or take unless it's truly worth it. I don't care too much about music or movies, but it's a nice bonus.

Edit: I was also looking at the Essence STX but I don't think Dolby HP would be better than CMSS-3D or SBX Surround. Still not sure though. Maybe it would be better with EQ tweaks?

Creative Sound Blaster Z (SB1500), $95, should do what your looking for.

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #1,920 of 4,136
^ I second that. Great value for the price. Relatively easy setup for virtual surround and gaming.

It can still play older games with openal either natively or through alchemy. I don't have issues with my zxr. Even without hardware based openal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back