The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone surround sound)
May 24, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #4,051 of 4,136
For those of you using audiophile headphones for gaming, what are you using for mics? I have an Arctis 7 headset that I was using, but now that I have my LCD-2 Classics, I prefer using them.

I recently tried the Mod Mic 5, but it was kind of awkward and not great. I’m thinking a desktop mic, which may be overkill, but I do WebEx and Skype meetings regularly for work.

May 24, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #4,052 of 4,136
For those of you using audiophile headphones for gaming, what are you using for mics? I have an Arctis 7 headset that I was using, but now that I have my LCD-2 Classics, I prefer using them.

I recently tried the Mod Mic 5, but it was kind of awkward and not great. I’m thinking a desktop mic, which may be overkill, but I do WebEx and Skype meetings regularly for work.
I bought a ModMic Uni just before NVIDIA RTX Voice was released. RTX Voice with my webcam mic rendered all my headset mics useless. It completely eliminates background noise and picks up my voice perfectly with just the webcam mic.

I had the AT-2020 desktop mic and it was completely unusable for voice communication. It picked up noise realistically as if you were in the room - you could hear a dog barking two streets away. This would probably be usable with RTX Voice.

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #4,053 of 4,136
I bought a ModMic Uni just before NVIDIA RTX Voice was released. RTX Voice with my webcam microphone rendered all my headset mics useless. It completely eliminates background noise and picks up my voice perfectly with just the webcam mic.
I run an RTX 2080 Super, but have not looked into Voice. The problem for me is that I don’t have a webcam set up, so maybe I should do that and avoid the hassle...provided I can even find a decent one at this time

May 24, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #4,054 of 4,136
I run an RTX 2080 Super, but have not looked into Voice. The problem for me is that I don’t have a webcam set up, so maybe I should do that and avoid the hassle...provided I can even find a decent one at this time
I edited my post above. It should work with any desktop mic. I would only get the Logitech BRIO 4K webcam which works with Windows Hello. You can cover the camera lens and Windows Hello still works with the IR sensor.

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #4,055 of 4,136
I edited my post above. It should work with any desktop mic. I would only get the Logitech BRIO 4K webcam which works with Windows Hello. You can cover the camera lens and Windows Hello still works with the IR sensor.
Well, that takes the Audio Technica off my list, anyway. Since I use a mechanical keyboard, I don’t need something that picks up me hammering away on my keyboard. I type like I’m playing Whack-A-Mole on the keyboard.

May 24, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #4,056 of 4,136
Well, that takes the Audio Technica off my list, anyway. Since I use a mechanical keyboard, I don’t need something that picks up me hammering away on my keyboard. I type like I’m playing Whack-A-Mole on the keyboard.
Any desktop mic and even most directional headset mics would pick up the typing. RTX Voice eliminates it completely.

May 25, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #4,058 of 4,136

I also have the Brio 4k and think it’s great as a mic as well.
I use it with Windows Hello also but didn’t know it could work with IR only. How do you activate that?

May 25, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #4,059 of 4,136
I also have the Brio 4k and think it’s great as a mic as well.
I use it with Windows Hello also but didn’t know it could work with IR only. How do you activate that?
Just cover the camera lens with the included cover.

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #4,063 of 4,136
It's a virtual sound card with 7.1 channels, not a Spatial Sound provider. One unique feature is it allows you to whitelist certain apps like iTunes to play in stereo without being rendered to the front virtual speakers.

Jun 25, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #4,065 of 4,136
Did you just use the default settings for RTX Voice (other than selecting your device that is)?
I guess so. Probably set it to 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back