The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone surround sound)
Aug 22, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #3,061 of 4,136
Just picked up an Asus U3 and have it going into my bifrost via toslink.  I'm trying to play CS:GO with dolby headphone and it sounds HORRIBLE.  It's like I'm running around in a vacuum.  Windows and the game are set to 5.1 and asus software is set to dolby headphone.  Anything I can do to fix it?  Otherwise I'm just going to return this thing because it doesn't work for the game whatsoever. 

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #3,062 of 4,136
  Just picked up an Asus U3 and have it going into my Bifrost via toslink.  I'm trying to play CS:GO with Dolby headphone and it sounds HORRIBLE.  It's like I'm running around in a vacuum.  Windows and the game are set to 5.1 and Asus software is set to Dolby headphone.  Anything I can do to fix it?  Otherwise I'm just going to return this thing because it doesn't work for the game whatsoever. 

Is the U3's Audio Channel set to 6-Channel
Sample rate set to 44.1K or 48K?
S/PDIF Output set to PCM?

Have you tried doing a fresh install of the U3 drivers?

It should not really make a difference, but have you disable the motherboard's on-board audio? in the BIOS.

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #3,063 of 4,136

Is the U3's Audio Channel set to 6-Channel
Sample rate set to 44.1K or 48K?
S/PDIF Output set to PCM?

Have you tried doing a fresh install of the U3 drivers?

It should not really make a difference, but have you disable the motherboard's on-board audio? in the BIOS.

Yes
48k - It's the only option
Yes
Yes.  Just installed it today direct from ASUS website

No, but they're disabled in windows. 

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #3,064 of 4,136
Are the soundblaster cards better than the asus stx card for gaming?  I started reading the thread from the back as I am looking for the most up to date information and it seems like people are only talking about soundblaster cards.  Even if it is better, I probably won't change as I would lose too much money selling a used card here or on ebay.  I'm just curious to know what is currently the best.

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #3,065 of 4,136
Are the soundblaster cards better than the asus stx card for gaming?  I started reading the thread from the back as I am looking for the most up to date information and it seems like people are only talking about soundblaster cards.  Even if it is better, I probably won't change as I would lose too much money selling a used card here or on ebay.  I'm just curious to know what is currently the best.

No, it is mostly due to your preference only. Some people prefer SBX, while others prefer Dolby Headphone.

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #3,066 of 4,136
  Are the Sound Blaster cards better than the Asus STX card for gaming?  I started reading the thread from the back as I am looking for the most up to date information and it seems like people are only talking about Sound Blaster cards.  Even if it is better, I probably won't change as I would lose too much money selling a used card here or on eBay.  I'm just curious to know what is currently the best.

I'm assuming you already have the Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card?
Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio? in the BIOS, when you installed the STX.

Most people who own the STX seem to find it decent enough for gaming.

Aug 24, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #3,067 of 4,136
Hey there everyone,

This is my first time posting in this thread. I still have alot to learn about audio but Im trying my best to understand it.

My question for now is....best settings to be used in BF4? 

Im currently using a Recon3D USB since I also use it for my PS3 and later with the PS4, so it made sense that i purchased the Recon for multipurpose reasons.
I am also using Phillips Fidelios X1 headphones for gaming along with a v moda mic.

Now I have installed everything and have been running it for the past 6 or 7 months and it sounds good, but I feel or hear like I am missing something....?

Ive read that some use Hi Fi with surround, some with Hi FI and stereo, Headphone with surround (which i use and sounds good to me) but Im hoping someone else that knows about Creative Labs Recon3D, can tell me whats beneficial in its control panel and whats not? Im also confused with the dolby digital dynamic something lol I forgot what its really called, which is set to normal for now.

So many questions that I need answered.
Id very much appreciate your help guys, Thanks

ohh and also, ive read  that you can go into one of the games folders and set it up properly for surround sound?

edit: Any help please? :frowning2:

Sep 3, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #3,069 of 4,136
Lichdom Audio Demo. Nothing directional, more about reverb and filters. It certainly got a EAX vibe where locational sounds do not sound flat BF:BC2 style. 

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Lichdom-Battlemage-PC-257919/Videos/Lichdom-Battlemage-Vergleich-zwischen-True-Audio-und-normalem-Sound-1134587/

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #3,070 of 4,136
Sep 3, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #3,071 of 4,136
No.

Sep 6, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #3,072 of 4,136
Hello, I just got my Titanium HD a couple of weeks ago and something keeps bugging me. I'm hoping some guru can help me. I use my Titanium HD's RCA output connected to a O2 amplifier and then my HD600's. Windows 8.1 64bit is set to 5.1 sound.

When I use game mode and enable CMSS-3D I get the virtual surround sound through my headphones. When I switch to entertainment mode none of the THX options have any effect on the sound. (surround, crystalizer, speaker etc) I have no idea what to do. 

I've reinstalled the official Creative drivers from the website and now I'm using Daniel_K's 3.0a driver. With every reinstall I unistalled the previous driver, booted into safe mode and ran driver sweeper to clean leftovers.

I really would like THX Trustudio surround to work to be able to compare and I hope somebody knows what to do. I also posted this in the Creative forums but I didn't get and answer yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back