THE MYSTERY/ Itouch(3G)/Sony X1060/Zune HD/Sony A 847
Sep 22, 2009 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

joplin

New Head-Fier
The new Itouch does it sound better or worse than the Zune HD or the Sony X1060 or how does the new Sony A-847 fit in the picture of DAPs.
My first and main interest is Great Sound Quality.
All my music is on their original CDs.

On which sounds characteristics does each one excel?
Open to your opinions and why.

Thanks
Greg Joplin

Oct 24, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 6
Sound quality is all subjective, so you won't get consensus. Considering the NW-A847 is not out yet and will be Japanese only for the time being (and only have Japanese menus), it's probably not an option for you. Other features will also influence a DAP purchase - for example, do you need gapless?

My suggestion is for you to go somewhere where you can at least try some of these and see what you like.

Oct 25, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #5 of 6
Zune HD seems very mid heavy. The sound has a weight that I have not found in the new Fuse I have bought.

Oct 25, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #6 of 6
Christ, here we go again ....

OP - get em all : its the only way to be really sure. Until the Next Big Thing comes along and sweeps everything in its path aside. Guaranteed to be about 2 weeks after you just bought one of everything.
evil_smiley.gif

My advice - decide what you really want in the tradeoff between storage and the filesize associated with lossless files. We seem to have a lot of folk on Head-Fi who announce that they dont need the 3G Touch, only to appear a day or so later to tell us that they now have one and its fantastic - havent heard too much remorse from those guys so make of that what you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back