The must-try "benchmark" CD! [link and details inside]
Jan 2, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #121 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by 465 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, very interesting music.

Too bad not too many cds are like this.

yeah, i wanna hear a binaural recording of some bands ive heard of.

Jan 2, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #122 of 256
Downloading this now, thanks. I haven't read through the entire thread, but have a question: Might this CD be appropriate to use as a benchmark for a home system/speakers ? I often bring CD's with me when I travel in case I encounter a Hi-Fi shop and see some nice speakers I'd like to try or something similar.

Would this fit the bill for audio tracks with great vocals, horns, strings and good percussion stuff ?

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #123 of 256
very cool CD. thanks for sharing! im having fun listening to them with the SR60's i just bought.

i had no problems getting the file from the link in the OP. im using Firefox.

been a lurker for awhile, good post to start with. my wallet is fine thanks (joined 6 months ago and just have some portapros and SR60's. so far...)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wanna upload your tagged version?

I'm pretty anal about my tags too. But I'm also lazy...

And impatient.. so hurry up!

i put all these file in Fubar> selected all songs> right clicked> selected Tagging>Get tags from freedb, and they all came up nicely.

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #124 of 256
Thanks, but I bought the CD
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #125 of 256
would anyone please post the way they've tagged each of the tracks? just basic tags like artist, title, etc., as i'm not to sure how to do it going only on the back cover of the album

Jan 4, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #126 of 256
is that a harpischord in track 9? it sounds amazzingggg.

srry if this has been adressed already earlier i'm doing my calc homeword - dont have time to read.

locing this cd however. XD

Jan 4, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #127 of 256
I take you don't listen to classical. hehehe lucky you because tagging is a pain.

I would think the title is what is in " ". The artist is what is in (). The rest looks like it's the work it's from . It looks like track 7 doesn't follow this pattern though.

Jan 4, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #130 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleisgreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you mac users play the flac files? I tried macflac but it just didn't work for me.

I transcoded to Apple Lossless, and play those files in iTunes.
Or you could use 'Cog' or 'Play'

Jan 4, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #131 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by technobarbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I take you don't listen to classical. hehehe lucky you because tagging is a pain.

I would think the title is what is in " ". The artist is what is in (). The rest looks like it's the work it's from . It looks like track 7 doesn't follow this pattern though.

i listen to a good deal of classical, but i've been trying to figure out how to tag the stuff for ages and am getting increasingly disgruntled with it... thanks for the recommendations

Jan 5, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #132 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by binkgle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would anyone please post the way they've tagged each of the tracks? just basic tags like artist, title, etc., as i'm not to sure how to do it going only on the back cover of the album

I have the slowest connection possible, so I can't upload it, but I did it (there's probably a better way *shrugs):

1. Manually rename every file. I did it in the format of # - Title - Artist.
2. Download this: http://mp3tag.maniactools.qarchive.org/
3. Run it, locate the folder with everything in it. Select them all and hit "Generate Tags"
4. In Format put: %# - %T - %A this tells the program how the tracks are named, so it sorts out the information (so it knows how you named it, it can gather the necessary tagging info.)
5. In fields from tags, check Track, title, artist (the columns below are all editable, I copy + pasted "Ultrasone Audio Production" as the album all the way down, then checked album as well)
6. Hit Generate Tags
7. Move to the tab "Playlists and Export"
8. Change it to m3u playlist
9. Click Save Playlist (the "format" heading doesn't matter for this), save it to your folder.

*Note: The m3u will save with the song locations (open the m3u with notepad, you'll see X:\xxx\xxx\01 - asd - 13.flac)

For my sake at least (and if someone plans to upload the tagged version for everyone), I leave the m3u in the file with the flacs, so in notepad hit ctrl + h (replace) type (or copy) "X:\xxx\xxx\" (without quotes) and replace with nothing. Boom.

Hope that helps.

Jan 5, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #133 of 256
ok, i'm naming the tracks, etc. not as hard as i thought it was when i first downloaded this a few weeks ago and promptly forgot. what handel concerto is track 9? can't find it anywhere on allmusic.com...

Jan 5, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #134 of 256
Quote:

Originally Posted by binkgle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, i'm naming the tracks, etc. not as hard as i thought it was when i first downloaded this a few weeks ago and promptly forgot. what handel concerto is track 9? can't find it anywhere on allmusic.com...

09 "Andate Arghetto", Concerto No. 2 (G.F. Händel)

Look on Page 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back