The Most Sensual ("Sexual") Song/Music Of All Time?
Mar 24, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #16 of 181
"Stumbo" by Wiseblood

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:59 AM Post #18 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis
I think Madonna's "Like A Virgin" is a remarkably un-sensual song. It's kindov flirty/jokey/pendantic with its wee pop-sex allusions. Quentin Tarantino's sado-masochistic exigesis of it at the start of Reservoir Dogs is the most 'sensual' take on it I've ever gotten, and that's not a tribute to intimacy or vulnerability.

My wife calls that song the Pedophile Anthem.

Mar 25, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #19 of 181
Art of Noise - Moments in Love

Mar 25, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #21 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamCalifornia
I wonder which would be the most
Sensual ("Sexual") song/melody of all time
in Rock, Pop, Classical, Jazz. This is NOT about
vulgarity or profanity, it's about beautiful lyrics,
and proper, up to the occasion music, etc.
Bad language is excluded, and rap for that matter.

My impromptu list:

1. Je t'aime ( 'I love You' in French, from the 1970s)
2. Gloria (The Doors, 1969?)
3. Bolero (Ravel, classical music composer)
4. Light My fire (The Doors, 1968?)
5. I Want You (Bob Dylan, 196?; this was a big hit back then.)
6. One Night With You (Elvis Presley, based on Italian melody)

I think that #1 is UNbeatable. I don't know who is the female singer,
her sensusal voice, ... Fabulous! You simply think that this beautiful
lady is next to you and you are about to kiss her and more ...
I don't know the author of lyrics or a composer either.
Actually this song was so sensual that it was banned in the USA for many years in 1970s/1980s.

'Gloria' by the Doors is also Fabulous!!!

'Bolero' is incredible, leading to a climax.

See you,
580smile.gif

Adam

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkgle
the woman is his ditzy English model wife who spoke french with a really strong English accent

binkgle, you are less than half right.

The song is more properly referred to as "Je t'aime moi non plus." It was written by Serge Gainsbourg and recorded with his (then) wife Jane Birkin, the English actress whose breakout role was in Antonioni's film "Blow Up." She may have had an execrable English accent in French, but she was far from ditzy. Her mother was the celebrated British actress Judy Campbell and her father was of aristocratic birth.

serge.jpg

Her first husband was the film score composer John Barry and the very chic and terribly expensive Hermés Birkin Bag was actually designed with her in mind and named after her as well. She is the mother of the actress Charlotte Gainsbourg and is as known for her humanitarian work and political activism as her acting in France.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Going Home" from Aftermath (American edition) where Mick Jagger grunted for about 10 minutes as if he were in the throes of death or you know what.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #23 of 181
#1 Franck: Piano Quintet, first movement
#2 Scriabin: Poem of Ecstasy
#3 Wagner: Tristan & Isolde, Prelude, Love Duet, and Liebestod
#4 Chopin: various nocturnes (e.g. Op. 27, and Op. 55 #2)
k1000smile.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #24 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnyears
binkgle, you are less than half right.

The song is more properly referred to as "Je t'aime moi non plus." It was written by Serge Gainsbourg and recorded with his (then) wife Jane Birkin, the English actress whose breakout role was in Antonioni's film "Blow Up." She may have had an execrable English accent in French, but she was far from ditzy. Her mother was the celebrated British actress Judy Campbell and her father was of aristocratic birth.

serge.jpg

Her first husband was the film score composer John Barry and the very chic and terribly expensive Hermés Birkin Bag was actually designed with her in mind and named after her as well. She is the mother of the actress Charlotte Gainsbourg and is as known for her humanitarian work and political activism as her acting in France.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Going Home" from Aftermath (American edition) where Mick Jagger grunted for about 10 minutes as if he were in the throes of death or you know what.
very_evil_smiley.gif

sry, my copy of the song called it "Je t'aime," i didn't know serge's "moi non plus" was part of the title

also, sry, i'd been told that she was ditzy, i just believed my friend and didn't research it further.

i don't think that makes me "less than half right," though, that sounds a bit harsh. maybe "partly wrong" or "not quite right." but that's just me
wink.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #25 of 181
Anyone who says Madonna is getting banned!
evil_smiley.gif

Ha ha ha. Seriously though, I cannot stand her. Sure, she works out, stays in shape, and strives to conquer the entertainment world with the determination of Stalin, but it's all a hollow ruse. Strip away the superficial layers and what's left is a person who lacks humility, culture, and class. In my opinion, such a person is never sexy, and no amount of distracting hubris however colossal it may be will change that.

Madonna represents everything that is wrong with the music industry, and perhaps, modern society itself. I eagerly anticipate her eventual, long-overdue departure from the business world with tremendous glee.

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #26 of 181
I'm really surprised these haven't been mentioned yet...

Led Zeppelin - The Lemon Song
The Black Crowes - Tied Up and Swallowed
Tenacious D - Double Team
Barry White - Keep On Gettin' It On ("Let's Get It On" reprise)

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:28 AM Post #27 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonjar
"Protection" by Massive Attack.

Anything off of Elysian Fields' BLEED YOUR CEDAR.

-jar

Yes to Elysian Fields - actually anything sung by Jennifer Charles -

Many fine examples on this album:

B00005RTSV.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Check out "Strangers on a train", "Sex (I'm a)" and "Book of the month"

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #30 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
Do you mean the song written by Van Morrison?

Edited:
I've just looked at 'The Best of the Doors. Legend .." and the is a name of
Van Morrison attached to Gloria performed solely by The Doors.

I never noticed this before. I'm gonna get 'The Best of Van Morrison'
with Gloria and listen to it!

See you,
580smile.gif

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back