The most random scene from any movie, ever.
Jul 14, 2007 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

NightWoundsTime

A nice hunk of young man
A few nights ago I watched Buffalo '66. I was hit by a strange combination of elements that can only be defined as random. And by random , I mean a completely unexpected turn that has a high amusement factor. Suddenly it was like the hand of God or fate or just the King of Randomness reached down into the movie and spoke to me, in an intensely personal way.

The elements of the scene were: Christina Ricci, tap dancing, and King Crimson. Two out of three are things I like very very much, and if there's gotta be dancing I can appreciate some tap. This brief interlude in the movie was not a complete non-sequiter, but close enough. As I heard the first few notes of King Crimson's Moonchild, I started to laugh euphorically. I had to rewind a few times to make sure I hadn't fallen asleep and dreamed the whole mess.

So I present to you, from the fine film Buffalo '66, the most random scene from any movie, ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RSTABtTMrY

Jul 14, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 12
Matt ... you left out the best part - it takes place in an empty bowling alley.
icon10.gif

Wonderful clip, thanks for the link.

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #5 of 12
That is strange. I'll have to check out the entire movie sometime. Seems like it could be an interesting watch.

Jul 14, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I no longer know who I am and I feel like the ghost of a total stranger."
NSFW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Xcur6_xww

What a fantastic stream-of-consciousness clip from a great movie.

Jul 15, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by SysteX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a fantastic stream-of-consciousness clip from a great movie.

Yeah I was trying to think of any other solitary random scenes from good films and forgot about this one. Did the director ever make a complete movie out of this scene, as he'd planned?

I just watched Black Snake Moan tonight and it's sad to see Ricci go from a healthy looking beautiful girl to an anorexic twig. I know she most likely did this just for the role but that can't be healthy.

4.jpg
VS.
bsm_vertical.jpg

It was hard not to use the full on half naked picture from Black Snake Moan but that gives you the basic idea. Shows commitment to do that for a role in a movie. She looks like damned Brittany Murphy but she acted about 100 laps around what BM could have pulled off. Very well acted movie but the premise/script were fairly off. Sammy Jackson belting out the blues was worth the rental though.

Jul 15, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #11 of 12
i suppose you have not seen 'naked space' with leslie neilson where a big monster is hooked up to translation equipment and dances and sings 'i want to eat your face' before it kills everyone.

but, then again - that was not necessarily a 'good' movie

Jul 15, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #12 of 12
What comes to mind for me is a truly great scene in an otherwise eeeeh movie: "Adventures in Babysitting." Yes, it's that scene where the white kids from the 'burbs are running from some bad guys [don't remember why] and stumble onto the stage of a black nightclub, where they are told, "Nobody leaves here without singin' the blues!" Christina Applegate, if memory serves, begins to nervously explain who they are, why they are there, etc, and she about freaks at the first blues riff. Before long, they are all into it, doing a brilliant and spontaneous song-and-dance. They then exit, the bad guys come on stage the same way, and are told the same thing.

Flash: It's on Youtube, type in "Adventures in Babysitting - Babysitting Blues". I can't do the link thing with my one-button iMac mouse - may have to go back to the IBM optical. Oh, it's not Christina Applegate, but Elizabeth Shue. Now, who's that fellow playing lead guitar? Looks familiar - off to IMDB...

Bingo: Albert Collins

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back