The Most Professional looking iem's or clips
Mar 12, 2009 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

the_engineer

New Head-Fier
Well, I'd like to say there's no budget concern here but we're talking IEM and Clip-style headphones so it shouldn't be too expensive. I'd really like to keep it under 50.00 but 100.00 is absolute max

Anyways, the problem i'm trying to solve is that while at work (engineering firm. think cube farm) I like to tune into my iPod. While this is not frowned upon at all, i'd like to be a little proactive in trying to find some lightweight headphones that can either be almost invisible or that i won't look like some punk kid just because i'm wearing them.

Fashion has never been on my agenda so i currently own several pair of Koss KSC-75's for clips, DT-880's as well as some older Sony MDR-v600s for cans and of course the ever so convenient iPod headphones (i've been using these too much lately, and it needs to stop.... now.). While my cans are nice to let others know i'm not to be bothered there are times where I don't necessarily want to be looking 'like an air traffic controller' as my co-workers would put it!

Anyhow if anyone has any ideas in this vein It would be greatly appreciated. As i was browsing it looked like maybe I want to find something with an over-the-ear style cord but I really don't know.

when i say professional, think 'executive'

Mar 12, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #3 of 20
AT-ATH-EM7GM.jpg

Mar 12, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #4 of 20
Wow.

Those say, "I mean business" alright...
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #5 of 20
For clip ons, Audio Technica EM7.

For IEMs, Denon C551, C751 do look 'executive' like. Maybe Klipsch Image X5.

But I do not know what the problem is. Most IEMs are small and low profile it doesn't really matter how they look like. As long as the colour isn't 'loud', then you should be fine with the majority of products out there.

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:09 PM Post #7 of 20
The SE530's with its shiny bronze-metal finish looks very professional but they also cost as much as you think they do by looking at it...

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe not IEM or clip on, but Jecklin Floats

Alright, now that was just uncalled for.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the suggestions
Those image X5's sure do hit the nail on the head for what I had in mind. The Shure SE530's are a close second and third is the Denon AH-C751. Too bad each of them costs more than I paid for my DT880's... is this really the cost of looking good?

lon420: The reason I asked for clips is mosly because I enjoy my KSC-35's so much that I wondered if there was something that would be stylish in this category but you're right. Something that disappears is pretty much exclusive to IEM's.

tpc41: those ATH's do have style but are a bit too 'industrial' for this purpose methinks.

anything that resembles those Klipsch's in a lower price bracket?

Right now of what has been mentioned i'm leaning to the Denon AH-C551's but am really not sure....

Mar 12, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #11 of 20
Okay so after some looking it looks like the DENON C751's have it as of now. Its going to be a couple more weeks before I buy anything but if B&H's prices stick where they are on them the black ones are 105.00 +8.00 shipping. While the silver ones sure do look good they are 23.00 more so i'll have to see just how much my budget can handle on that...

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #12 of 20
The PFEs look very stylish and professional but they are a tad out of your price range.

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #14 of 20
The new clips from Yuin don't look too shabby, although the font of the text doesn't have that professional look imo.

No picture for the G2A, but I am going to assume they will look similar to the more expensive G1A. $50 for the G2A at Head-Direct!

Head-Direct.com | YUIN

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #15 of 20
I would go for the head-direct RE2's. I think they're on sale for like 39 dollars right now & they have a very understated design. Sound great too!

2cfxwlj.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back