The most misspelled word at Head-fi
Aug 31, 2003 at 8:14 PM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
"beautiful"

That's the correct spelling. It's hard because it is French, not English in origin.

Aug 31, 2003 at 10:03 PM Post #47 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
That's the correct spelling. It's hard because it is French, not English in origin.

I know that's the correct spelling, but it's really incredibly annoying how I have to stop typing for five seconds and think really hard every time I need to use the word. I JUST CAN'T MEMORIZE IT!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

The funny thing is that I don't really know any spelling "rules".. Most of the time I can just hear in my head how words are spelled; I just have to focus and the right combination of letters appears in my mind. Not being able to remember how -- 10 second pause -- "beautiful" is spelled is like not being able to remember the squareroot of 4.

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #48 of 51
KR,

Goggle returns 1,090,000 results when you do a search for "definately". "Definitely" in comparison returns only nine times as much as that... Pretty scary...

[edit: aww crap... I just did a search for posts made by myself containing the word "definately".. 23 god damn results!! ]

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #49 of 51
lol!

Hey Flasken, as English is your second language, I think you do a pretty damn good job with English.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #50 of 51
I don't know what the big deal is - I mean this certainly ant collage.

wink.gif

-dd3mon

Sep 3, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #51 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
[edit: aww crap... I just did a search for posts made by myself containing the word "definately".. 23 god damn results!! ]

They could be posts you quoted and not your misspellings. I know I don't correct the spelling or grammar of a post I quote.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back