The Most INSANE fone system ever?
Mar 30, 2003 at 11:49 PM Post #16 of 31
Heh, nice equipment...but really...the headphones could easily be better. RS-1's, HP1000's, R10's...he has a long way to go to headphone bliss with the RS-2's. To my ears anyway.

Mar 31, 2003 at 1:15 AM Post #17 of 31
Sheesh, what a tough crowd. "Mere" RS-2s get everyone all a titter. I say its a very nice setup. I even like the creepy artwork.

But you're all right about that chair!

Mar 31, 2003 at 1:21 AM Post #18 of 31
where are the subwoofers, i see the speakers but where are the subs..???
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Mar 31, 2003 at 1:47 AM Post #19 of 31
hey, Rs'2 aren't that mere, I have a set, and personally I think I prefer them to the rs-1's. I found the Rs-1 a bit too warm and not any wider soundstage. Personally I think the Rs2 is more neutral and has as good of soundstage than the rs1, yet not as sibilent as the sr-325.

of course that's my preference

and yes that's one heckova setup.
My parents have B&W 801's with Monster 10 guage speaker wire,
Taralabs RSC Air 1 interconnects. Marantz Sacd player (forgot the model), connected to a so/so Carver pm power amp and adcom gtp preamp. Using a adcom 615 power supply.

Mar 31, 2003 at 3:21 AM Post #21 of 31
Wait, is that:

What are those speakers?

or:

What are those, speakers?

...the latter one establishes the person saying it as a 'phone-head.
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2003 at 1:07 PM Post #23 of 31
In answer to the reply about "where are those subwoofers"

-two vbt magellan viii subwoofers

From what I researched, those are actual subwoofer parts (drivers) rather than a fully assembled subwoofer like Rel. I think he customally made the speakers and put the subwoofer pieces into the speakers. So that means he will be getting a lot of frontal bass which will be punchy and nice quality.

I on the other hand have got 2 frontal Martin Logans with 12-15inch (cant remember which) subwoofers in the lower half of them. That gives quite a bit of frontal bass along with the Martin Logan centre speaker. But thats not comparable to a true bass experience. I have 2 subwoofers - both Rel Stentor III's 300Watts for left and right. This is not as powerful as the Studio III which is 500watts with duel drivers, but the studio costs over £5000 and for the best result we would need two of those. £10000 for subwoofers? Maybe later in life. But for now the duel Stentor III's gives holy****bass - infact if I put on full power it shakes the entire house (is reported to break windows) and makes me unable to speak without having the air forced back into my mouth. Now thats holy****bass.

Mar 31, 2003 at 1:43 PM Post #24 of 31
I sure hope that those "garden hoses" running across the floor are temporary, too. I'd hate to be walking from the dining room to the living room with a nice glass of Cab and trip over those puppies! It would sure take all the fun out of listening to that killer setup!

-zeldon

Mar 31, 2003 at 8:35 PM Post #29 of 31
I don't know how anyone cuold get more insane than nik's system...I mean, a 20K CD player? An amp that costs $4000 IN PARTS?, $4K headphones, and god-knows-how-much interconnects....I don't know...

I once saw a picture of a dude with Wilson Audio Grand Slamms, Krell stuff, and a pair of $12000 interconnects called Tara Labs The Zero.
eek.gif

Mar 31, 2003 at 8:35 PM Post #30 of 31

Users who are viewing this thread

Back