the most evil hf1's
Mar 9, 2006 at 8:27 AM Post #62 of 82
Just looking at the darth HF-1 reminds me of the way darth vader breathes with his artifical lungs.
eek.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 11:33 AM Post #64 of 82
Classy and sexy.

With a sound to match.

I have thought about Larrys mods. Now I want to send him my cans.

Mar 9, 2006 at 12:39 PM Post #65 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
But whats this about larry not doing anymore HF-1 mods? Did I miss the announcement
confused.gif

I think you misconstrued the comment. He was saying that there will be no more Darth HF-1 mods like HIS because Larry had a very limited supply of that particular ebony wood. As far as I know the HF-1 mods march on, unless you're a Beagle.
icon10.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #67 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
I think you misconstrued the comment. He was saying that there will be no more Darth HF-1 mods like HIS because Larry had a very limited supply of that particular ebony wood. As far as I know the HF-1 mods march on, unless you're a Beagle.
icon10.gif

yep, i didn' mean no more woody modifications.

as far as that providing the ebony thing, give larry a shout and ask? Only he can answer those types of questions.

Mar 9, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #68 of 82
I have to say that those pics look awesome. Haveing seen Larry's site I've wondered what could ever make me want to pay those kinds of money for something like that.

Having seen those pics I think I could swing for it. I think that (in the future when I actually have some money) I could be tempted to order a new pair of Grado's... have them sent straight to Larry to do that kind of mod (only if he can get some ebony wood for them) and then have them sent to me.

The just look gorgeous - and with the great Grado sound what more could you ask for?

Mar 11, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #69 of 82
the evil hf1's are on my head at this momment...

really trying to get adjusted to the sound here, definatley a bigger sound stage, midrange is a step back and the bass is very smooth... a bigger hf1 sound, not quite sure how to put my finger on it yet.

Btw they look awesome ; ) tommorow or maybe latter tonight im gonna fire up my moms g6 and get some pics ; ).

Mar 11, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #70 of 82
I'm not sure how I missed this post before but those headphones are wild, cool and probably expensive... but wild and cool. wildly cool. cooly wild.

Mar 12, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #71 of 82
I had alot of problems with lighting.Perhaps the evil hf1's refuse to allow the light in because it choses to sorround itself in darkness... haaaah

Yea right, i can't shoot pictures... well i tried.

enjoy.

evilhf1_4.jpg

evilhf1_3.jpg

evilhf1_7.jpg

evilhf1_8.jpg

evilhf1_9.jpg

evilhf1_1.jpg

Mar 12, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #72 of 82
You need to either:

-get more ambient light, and use a tripod
or
-use a flash.

I prefer the tripod and ambient light. Flash photography is hard to look good. Too 'surgical' for me. Oh and for that close up, see if your camera has a macro setting. Even my POS Fuji 'FinePix' camera has it.

Mar 12, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #73 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
You need to either:

-get more ambient light, and use a tripod
or
-use a flash.

I prefer the tripod and ambient light. Flash photography is hard to look good. Too 'surgical' for me. Oh and for that close up, see if your camera has a macro setting. Even my POS Fuji 'FinePix' camera has it.

The camera was really complicated... I had flash working but it caused the light to bounce away during the picture from what was ambient already i guess... really strange.

I actually really like the last one though ; ) I made it my background...

i'll try this again another time...s orry bout that.

Mar 12, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #75 of 82
I recognize that headphone stand!

And really, those pictures are gorgeous. Even if the headphones were only 1/10th of the beauty of the picture in real life, they'd still be the sexiest headphones ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back