the most evil custom cables
Jun 16, 2006 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

mjg

Headphoneus Supremus
Zach (grandenigma) made me these cables recently... I had to make a post an show them off. They are custom silver/copper hybrid. One end is terminated XLR, other end terminated with bullets. I requested all black because that's what I like, okay? Yea so anyway they freaking rock. You wish you had these... they are the best cables (because I said so). No honestly, they have changed my rig alot. The previous cables I had were complements of the person I bought my apogee minidac from. I had not realized the quality of my source and the potential of my ppx3 until these cables came to play... Zach broke them in for 10 hours, and still they sound so amazing!

If you beg zach, you might get some cables as good as these... or you can pay him, he probablly likes that too. I'll try and comment some more after these break in a bit more. You simply must consider zach's cables if you haven't, they are super good, and like have changed my life. I no longer live in shame, honest... i am a complete man now.

These cables are very detailed, yet very smooth at the same time. I'm sure they will only open up even more... Not quite sure wait the break in period will be. Perfect for my evl hf1's. Only an evil cable will do of course...

Check it out sucka!

e61a4954.jpg

EACustomXLR-RCA2.jpg

EACustomXLR-RCA.jpg

Jun 16, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #2 of 27
tkam had a nice set of those (only both ends were RCA terminations) at his house when I was there a bit ago, they are by far the nicest looking cables I've ever seen. Kudos to GE for a job well done.
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
tkam had a nice set of those (only both ends were RCA terminations) at his house when I was there a bit ago, they are by far the nicest looking cables I've ever seen. Kudos to GE for a job well done.
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

Thanks a lot Thaddy. Ill have to find some time to make it over your way now that I am back in NJ. Maybe a central PA meet (because we know how much stuff is around there... im sure we could find a nice truck stop or something)
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 2:05 PM Post #5 of 27
Why XLR on one end? What are you using these with Mark?
confused.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 2:34 PM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Why XLR on one end? What are you using these with Mark?
confused.gif

Seems to me, like he want to use a blaanced amp with an unbalanced source.

Jun 16, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
Seems to me, like he want to use a blaanced amp with an unbalanced source.

Seems to me like it's the other way around, balacned source and a SE amp. That's what I'm doing anyways.

Jun 16, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23
Seems to me like it's the other way around, balacned source and a SE amp. That's what I'm doing anyways.

Ah yes. I think you are right. I always mix up the gender of those XLR's.

Jun 16, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #9 of 27
Yeah, that goes without saying... I just wasn't aware that he owned a balanced source. Has there been a recent purcase?
cool.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #11 of 27
Ah, cool. Never heard the mini DAC... people sure seem to like it though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #13 of 27
these cables are so good, i'm rethinking life. Honestly, i want to be a pilot...

They are so fast, perfect for rock music... very detailed, extended to allow the grado sparkly high sparkle... and the bass has bloomed open a bit, you can really feel a bit more bass action going on with these. They are smooth, perfect to complement the nature of the hf1's warmth. I really think these were a perfect match for my system and tastes.

Jun 17, 2006 at 11:11 AM Post #14 of 27
Whow, these do look extremely evil! Great!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dare I ask - how much?

As seemingly balanced-experienced people are on this thread - would you recommend using a cable like this to connect a balanced source (see my sig) to an unbalanced amp? I have excellent ICs connecting the AQ to the Staxen at this time, but I keep wonderding...

Jun 17, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #15 of 27
hi, yes i do use these to connect my balanced source to my unbalanced amp. I definatley recommend these for that purpose, they sound (and look) great! Contact GrandEnigma for a price quote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back