The most comfortable mouse I ever used
Oct 8, 2008 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

lewislink

Banned
I found this at Best Buy and it is one of the most comfortable mice I ever had my hands on. It is even more comfortable than the $100 Logitech MX Revolution which I felt was the most comfortable mouse ever created. This Microsoft mouse isn't as functional nor does it have as many buttons as the Logitech but it is one super satisfyingly comfortable mouse. It isn't as surface supportive as the Logitech mice either. It will function perfectly fine as long as the surface is properly textured like a sandy surface. I mostly have been using Logitech mice and I can use them on clothing, bed spreads annd just whatever. But this Microsoft mouse doesn't like those other surfaces such as the pants leg, bed spreads and such.

But this is one sweet keeper. I can't fathom why it took MS so long to produce a comfortable mouse. Go give one a try, you'll see.
smily_headphones1.gif

Here's some pics of my sweet baby:

Gear002-2.jpg

Gear003.jpg

Gear004-1.jpg

Gear001-2.jpg

Oct 8, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 23
Not that I'm aware of but one never knows. I do know it would be in MS's better interests to invest in making this mouse all it can be because it's a genuine jewel. Fostering it to a good outcome would see MS producing a left handed version. They so far have two versions of this particular mouse, this one, the 6000 and the 7000 with recharge ability and a recharge base. It's $20 higher cost.

Oct 8, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 23
Hmm: Not as many buttons and not as surface friendly...that'd be a dealbreaker for some, myself included. This mouse kind of resembles the VX Revolution, but shorter maybe. Or am I imagining things? Have you tried that out?

Oct 8, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #5 of 23
Seems larger, same shape as MX though... A little more ergonomic?

Well that said, the precision compared to a top-end razer or logitech is what counts most to me..

Oct 8, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #6 of 23
I've only held the VX revolution. I've never given it any usage. I like the way it looks and it is comfortable but not as comfortable as this one. They actually had the VX for a much cheaper price and was torn between it and this one. But because this one is so insanely comfortable, I chose the MS 6000.

It works perfectly fine on all counter tops and desks I've tried it on so far and a large mouse pad for the pant legs and bed spread solves any issues.

I have the VX nano and it's a real sweetheart also. The free-wheeling scroll wheel is great until you accidentally flick it while surfing a page and find yourself at the bottom of the page instantly. That happens once in a while and it seriously irritates me. So this MS 6000 not having that type of scroll wheel and the VX Rev having that type made the choice a little easier. I went for the one without that crazy, free-wheeling scroll wheel.

The scroll wheel on this 6000 is the smoothest one I've ever felt on a MS mouse. There are no clicks to it. It just spins semi-freely and feels really elegant and sophisticated.

I believe the wireless is better than the VX Nano I have. And is actually better than any other wireless mouse I've ever used.

I love the looks of the Logitechs of the VX/MX style but I also love the elegant looks of these MS 6000/7000 series. Here's what the other version looks like. It's a black and chrome beauty!:

Wireless Laser Mouse 7000

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems larger, same shape as MX though... A little more ergonomic?

Well that said, the precision compared to a top-end razer or logitech is what counts most to me..

I believe it's more precise than the incredibly expensive little VX Nano and the other wireless mice I've had.

Oct 8, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #7 of 23
I might make note, I'm using mine without installing the included software on WinXP Home. All I mainly do with all of the mice I use is plug them in a go. I rarely ever bother with the included software. The default characteristics of this 6000 so far is perfect for my tastes, like the scrolling speed and cursor speed and such. I also have Firefox set to "Smooth Scrolling" and have disabled "Auto scrolling".

Oct 8, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 23
One major concern I'm encountering right now....I don't want to let go of this mouse. LOL

It's sooo comfy and ergonomic I just want to con...ooops...wait...ahh...had to grab a hold of it for a second....lol...tinue to hold onto it all the time. Sheesh! That's comfort!

Oct 8, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #9 of 23
I have that moues and I like my Razor Copperhead much better.

Oct 8, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have that moues and I like my Razor Copperhead much better.

No offense cheesebert, I hate my copperhead and prefer my old mx510, I'm just to lazy to sell it
tongue.gif

Oct 15, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #12 of 23
MX revolution by far.. that hyperscroll is indispensable (i love the feel of the gears switching in the mouse). 7 second free spin - awesome. once you get used to how easy it is to "flick" through pages.. theres no going back.
before this, mx700, followed by mediaplay - more buttons the better.

Mar 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #13 of 23
Man that thing is ugly, but so are most mice that are extremely comfortable. How much did that run you? I paid about $45 for my Cyber-Snipa mouse but it is the greatest I have ever used, and better than a Razer IMO for the money. So many buttons, memory on the mouse for macros and removable weights for customization. FPS or CAD it rocks hard.

16antz5.jpg
[/IMG]

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #15 of 23
That Cyber-Snipa looks very similar to a G5, which I've used for the last 2 years. Guess that's why it caught My eye, nice.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Users who are viewing this thread

Back