The Most Comfortable Grados Ever
Jan 18, 2005 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Aman

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey everybody! I have just made an astouding discovery about comfort levels of my Grados
tongue.gif

Some huge exams are heading my way, and I had my headphones on for about six hours in one session, with just sips of my coffee and vigorous typing for studying and such. When I took off my headphones, I immedidately realized something: My ears didn't hurt AT ALL!

The reason? I was wearing my hood to my sweatshirt. Funny enough, I realized that my Grados do not degrade in sound quality when a hood is worn over them, people tell me that the sound leaks less, and it is a hell of a lot more comfortable becasue the sweatshirt hood gives my ears the extra padding it needs.

Before spending money on the "comfy" pads, try wearing your Grados with a sweatshirt on
wink.gif

That's all. Happy Listening
tongue.gif

Comments anybody?

Jan 19, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #4 of 8
I imagine it would muffle the sound, but if you're studying intensely, then music kind of just becomes background noise anyway.

Critical listening would probably be another deal.

Jan 19, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #6 of 8
It may be the clothing I am wearing, but I experienced no muffling at all. At least nothing to the degree that I could notice it.

Normally, wearing senns, I would notice that this would be muffled, it's just the design of the headphone. Since Grados almost act as mini-speakers (I know they're not, but the sound is that open) I think the response is very different.

I am listening at normal volume with no complaints of muffled sound. Give it a try for yourselves!
tongue.gif

Jan 19, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #7 of 8
I recently discovered that Flat pads are the light of dawn.
No hurting ears after hours of listening (that the bowls did)

Jan 19, 2005 at 2:32 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
I recently discovered that Flat pads are the light of dawn.
No hurting ears after hours of listening (that the bowls did)

Have you had any experience with the 414 pasd? I find the 414 pads much more comfortable than the stock my MS-1s came with, and im wondering if the flats wouldbe any better.

Rob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back