The most 'chameleon' like headphone/earphone you've heard?
Jun 10, 2010 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Sonic 748i

VoLTaG3 re-registered
Ok, what is that headphone or earphone that you've heard that literally seems as if it just molds to the recording and gives it to you exactly the way 'you' think the recording should sound? For me, it's the JH13 Pro, it seems as if it has a built in 'smart' EQ that changes according to the song.

Jun 11, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 10
SRH840s and HD600s. The only two headphones I've ever heard which can truly sound good to me with everything.

Jun 11, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #7 of 10
do you mean that the headphones sound good with every recording, or do you mean that their sound signature changes with every recording, (because they are not adding much of their own coloration and letting the recording come through) ? 

All my headphones sound good with different recordings and genres.  But if you're talking about the chameleon affect, then the ones I've heard that do this the most are:

Grado HP1000
JH13pro
Fostex T10

Jun 11, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #9 of 10
Pro 750 with a Pro 900 in second. It´s amazing how they can be bright or bassy, warm or cold, smooth or harsh. Very revealing on source/amps and recordings that´s for sure.

Jun 11, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
do you mean that the headphones sound good with every recording, or do you mean that their sound signature changes with every recording, (because they are not adding much of their own coloration and letting the recording come through) ? 

All my headphones sound good with different recordings and genres.  But if you're talking about the chameleon affect, then the ones I've heard that do this the most are:

Grado HP1000
JH13pro
Fostex T10

Yep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back